Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/7/2005 11:53:30 AM EDT
I may be relocating to the Oh/Ky/In area in a year or so. SO, the wife, kid and I may be visiting areas in the next few months to scout for a location. I will hopefully still be employed and working at the CVG airport. I am curretly employed by a small airline, anyone ever here of Delta?

So I am wondering if I can get some info for the area, you know taxes, house prices, schools, and firearm laws. I am currently here in Georgia and like I said, the time table may be a year from now.

Any info would be great.

Thanks all.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Kentucky allows CCW with a license and the City of Erlanger, (2 Min. from the airport) has some nice new reasonably priced homes.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Avoid Dayton, Newport, and Covington, KY (essentially all river border communities) and you'll be fine.  All other areas around CVG are fine places to live.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The wife mention to me in passing, well I guess she made a point of looking for a place that has 3-5 acres.

She wants to have a pet COW..

Yes. The ones that go MOOO.

Ug.

Thanks for the info.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd have to vote for living in Ky too. At all costs donot move to the city of Cincinnati. It is run by a bunch of DUMBASS YUPPIES that don't have a clue.
Oh yea, tell the wife that cows are eating not petting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Avoid Dayton, Newport, and Covington, KY (essentially all river border communities) and you'll be fine.  All other areas around CVG are fine places to live.

Awww come on now, what's wrong with Covington?  I have lived here for five years and love it.

Buzzstrike

Northern Kentucky is the place to be, specially if you want a little land.  I live here, though Red-Leg thinks by neighborhood su8cks or something

I have several friends that live south of me both in the 'burbs and in the rural areas off of I-75 and I-71 and I can tell you that it is both cheaper and less of a pain in the ass to live in KY.  Taxes are ok, better than Cincinnati's, which are the 2nd highest in the the State of OH.  We also have one set of gun laws down here...the Commonwealth of Kentucky, whereas in Ohio, every major city has its own laws, and when you drive, one moment you are legal the next you are not.

If kids and schools are primary concern, then you want to live in either Northern Kentucky or the East side of Cincinnati.  Miami Township also has a decent school system (near my farm in North Bend, OH east of Cincinnati).

If quick investment with a return before you get a rural location is an issue then I would recommend a historic district in Covington or Newport.  My estimated value has shot up 12% almost every year.

Cincinnati also has its own income tax of, what? 2 or 3% now?

There are great places to live in Cincinnati though, it'll just cost a fortune, both in taxes and gun rights.

Try here for property listings:

http://www.cincymls.com/

or...

http://www.nkar.com/nkarhw/hw.dll?page&t=homepage

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about by area.

Richard
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top