Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 2:29:48 PM EDT
Looking for some pecans in the DFW area. Recently moved back to Texas and showing my 5 year old how to find them. Good vs bad etc.
Apparently the drought coupled with an off year has made it difficult on the trees.
My usual park in Euless is bare and the trees look sick. Dove park in Grapevine has a couple trees that look promising but the drop looks to be a couple weeks away. Hopefully the tree rats don't get them all.
Just need a tree with enough for him to throw a couple dozen in a bag and show off to his mom.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Man the trees in my corner of NE Texas are covered. We had plenty of rain it seems. They are starting to drop a little now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The grafted tree in my Dad's yard started last week. Still a little wet and need to dry, but the nuts are full.

His house is an island in his neighborhood with a dozen large trees that he planted 35 years ago. The rest of the area is a typical subdivision, flat.

Squirrels show up occasionally, but they don't stand much of a chance against his Benjamin air rifle.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally found some at a park in Little Elm. Kid had a blast finding them. Now its time to crack them open and start baking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top