Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:53:53 AM EDT
I got a $850 gift certificate to Buds as a late Christmas/early birthday gift.  I was wondering if you all would help me as ive narrowed down what I believe I really want.  I originally intended to get a Remington 870 Wingmaster for shooting trap but I decided I'd either (a) get a Bushmaster 6.8 upper to go with my lonely Spikes lower or (b) put about $300 with it and get a Bushmaster MOE .308 rifle.  My intentions are to hunt deer and hogs with it.  I have an AR for range plinking and one day I'll do some varmint hunting with it but I want a bigger round for the bigger animals.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine was able to snag one of the shrubmaster ORCs for $750 on sale, You might wait for one of those and use the extra $100 to add the MOE extras.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple .5l0 Beowulf uppers if you want to try one out.  It is the ultimate hog killer as it fires 350 grain HP rounds with excellen accuracy out to 200 yards.  

I would take the .308 over the 6.8 anyday though.   I have some ARs in 6.5 Grendel which now is a SAMMI spec cartridge and they shoot flat and hit hard.  You can try those if you like as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies!  I looked for 6.5 Grendel uppers but they say they are sold out so my choices are pretty much just 308 or 6.8.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
life's great with a .308
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
life's great with a .308

So with that said...would you get a DPMS or Bushy?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
life's great with a .308

So with that said...would you get a DPMS or Bushy?

Lol....how does this always come up with you D?

He rocked that   DPMS to take the crown in intro class.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top