Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 9:58:53 AM EDT
I was at the show in the Empire State Plaza(I didnt know Albany was such a PITA city!!)

No assault rifles

anyways, I saw a couple beautiful M1 Carbines.  I have been wanting noe for a long time now.  They had a decent looking Inland with decently clean bore for $450.  

my local shop has a couple for $800 a pop!!!

What manufactures do you guys suggest and anyone have any ideas where I can get one for a good price??

Last of all, how hard are they to switch stocks on?  Ideally I want two, one with a standard stock and one a folder, but I cant afford two, so I may get both stocks and then switch depending on what I am in the mood for...

Thanks fellas!

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#1]
get a NEW production M1 Plainfield Carbine,,...$300-$380 normally, pretty good rifles...dont get an older production Plainfield/John Iverson, as they are problematic
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#2]
therin lies the problem.  I want to put the folding stock on it.
Having the pistol grip makes it need to be a pre-ban receiver if I am not mistaken...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The Inland at $450 was a good deal, assuming it was a typical GI rebuild.

It takes about 30 seconds to remove the stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Most carbine enthusiasts will tell you that the USGI carbines are generally more reliable and more desirable. If you have another shot at that Inland for $450, go for it!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
any opinions on the Fulton Armory ones??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top