Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/26/2006 2:00:07 PM EST
I live in NYS and my buddy in MD wants to give me a couple pistols. He inherited them from his father and isn't a gun person. I will find an FFL here to receive them. I told him that all he had to do was bring the pistols to the FFL and pay the fee. I am not sure what laws govern MD but I assumed it is as simple as that. Please let me know if I am incorrect.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:19:41 PM EST
As long as you pre-arrange the transfer between your respective FFLs and your friend verifies that the person he gives the weapon to is actually a valid, current FFL, I don't think your friend will have any problems.

Disclaimer: MD is full of dumb-ass laws that make absolutely no sense. Best bet is for your friend to call MSP firearm enforcement people and ask them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:12:43 AM EST
Wish NY was like that, I would have to show where I got the pistols from. This is why we are going through an FFL so that I can register them in NY. What a pain in the azz!!!
Top Top