Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 5:29:53 PM EDT
I normally shoot at Backwoods in Little Elm but they dont allow
FMJ ammo. Where can I shoot FMJ on at a least a 100 yd range ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Collin County Gun Range.  They allow fmj and do have a 100 yrd rifle range.  I have always been treated well at this range.  It is located just east of the City of Mckinney on hwy 380.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There is only two.  Collin County GR and Gibsons, in Mesquite.

I shoot at backwoods too.... I just learned to shoot wolf HP when I am blasting, and Black Hills or Georgia Arms HP match when I am doing accurate work.  You might try Dallas Reloading S.P.'s too....   Backwoods is such a nice range.  I usually take a lot of gear, and I HATE humping it like you have to do at CCGR and Gibsons.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#4]
There is also Ralph's range in Tombean, just east of Sherman. It's only 100 yards but you'll usually have it all to your self.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#5]
TDSA is a private range with yearly memberships.  You can shoot pretty much anything there.  Other than that, Gibson's is the only one I know takes FMJ.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I shoot at backwoods too.... I just learned to shoot wolf HP when I am blasting, and Black Hills or Georgia Arms HP match when I am doing accurate work.  You might try Dallas Reloading S.P.'s too....   Backwoods is such a nice range.  I usually take a lot of gear, and I HATE humping it like you have to do at CCGR and Gibsons.

We need to hook up sometime to shoot the black rifles. I live in Denton and go to Backwoods for most of my shooting. I've got enough HP and SP ammo so the no FMJ rule is no big deal to me. Backwoods is great on a weekday, you usually have the range to yourself!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate the benche at CCGR. They are not stable, when it is crowded they always move - you have to time your shots. That and that have the field of view so restricted, you can only do benchrest - I like to shoot standing too, but I can't there. On weekends the rifle shack is so crowded, it's like being in a can of sardines. Being able to shoot FMJ is about the only good thing I can say about CCGR.

I usually go to GPSR in Garland because of the room and open spaces. I just hate their HP/SP/JHP only policy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Boy I agree with you there.  The only good thing about CCGR is the FMJ.  The rifle shack SUCKS.  I havent been out to garland public yet.... but I cant imagine a nicer range than Backwoods... and affordable fees too.  Sweet concrete benches.  Just the stupid no FMJ thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We need to hook up sometime to shoot the black rifles. I live in Denton and go to Backwoods for most of my shooting. I've got enough HP and SP ammo so the no FMJ rule is no big deal to me. Backwoods is great on a weekday, you usually have the range to yourself!

Hell yeah!  Txlewis goes out there on some weekdays as well.  I am thinking of going out there this Saturday, if the weather holds.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#10]
There is a nice out door range in Garland.

Garland public shooting range on Pleasant Vally Rd.

They have areas for:

Pistol
shot gun
50 and 100 yrd rifle
skeet too !

Its 10 to join and 10 each time you shoot..life time member shit..good deal and a nice place.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There is a nice out door range in Garland.

Garland public shooting range on Pleasant Vally Rd.

They have areas for:

Pistol
shot gun
50 and 100 yrd rifle
skeet too !

Its 10 to join and 10 each time you shoot..life time member shit..good deal and a nice place.

They don't allow fmj on rifle..  

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There is also Ralph's range in Tombean, just east of Sherman. It's only 100 yards but you'll usually have it all to your self.

That place is cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top