Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 11/21/2008 5:33:49 AM EDT
I am new to NJ and I am looking for some land to hunt. I just moved from Savannah, GA to Morristown for a new job. Was born in New Haven CT and joined the military and I am now getting back 21 years latter!
I would like to hunt with others if possible and I am willing to work to earn my keep! I have hunted all my life and am a very safe and ethical hunter and will follow any rules that you set. If you don't own your own land but hunt on public land and would not mind showing a new guy some good spots, let me know.

Thanks!
Savgun
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:54:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 6:56:35 AM EDT by adrock1978]
I don't hunt, myself so I cant give you any detailed info. I have a lot of friends though that hunt in the Vernon/West Milford area with a lot of success. There is plenty of public land. I hear ya though with the personal experience/hunting buddy thing. I recently purchased an 870 and this year at age 30 I'm going to become a hunter. Better late than never.

-There's a great shop just outside of Newton, NJ called Simon Peter sporting goods on RT 206. They sell guns, archery... big spot for avid hunters. I'm sure if you visit a few decent shops, they can help you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:06:28 AM EDT
I'm going to echo adrock's post - I just went on my first hunt (as a spectator) last month with some members here in the ADKs - the AAR was tacked until recently. I am going to pick up the hunter's ed materials today and start the home study part after the holidays. I too have aquaintances that hunt bow in northern NJ as they do well but the fuckers never invite me after years of me asking!.  I won't be getting out again till next fall but would love to do a NJ locals hunt next year. I know a good place to base camp. Sorry I can't help much more than that savgun. Also there are a few NJ hunting forums around check them out as well.

ADROCK: Did you get your license already??
Top Top