Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2004 12:55:36 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm in need of another AR lower but it is going to be a serious workover project involving a custom camo paint job and a few more bells and whistles. I really don't want to spend a ton of money on a brand spanking new stripped lower so does anyone in Saint Louis who may be reading this have a stripped or assembled post ban AR lower in operational condition (new/gently used) for sale? Make is not important as long as it is a Milspec forged or cast metal receiver. Finish is also not important as long as it has not been painted already and is not heavily worn on the contact points.

Also looking for late model COLT post ban lowers in any condition and also looking for early slab-side COLT lowers.

Email me at: [email protected] with what you have and with pics if possible. Will pay cash but I'm not really willing to drive too far for the lower as the time and money I blow on gas might be more than the difference in cost of just ordering a new lower from my local shop. Thanks for reading!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]

I really don't want to spend a ton of money on a brand spanking new stripped lower so does anyone in Saint Louis who may be reading this have a stripped or assembled post ban AR lower in operational condition (new/gently used) for sale? Make is not important as long as it is a Milspec forged or cast metal receiver

Why on on earth do you think a used lower would be cheaper any  than a new one unless it was junk?  You can find Oly's etc for a little over a $100.  You wont' touch a "Milspec" AKA Bushmaster anywhere near that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why on on earth do you think a used lower would be cheaper any  than a new one unless it was junk?  You can find Oly's etc for a little over a $100.  You wont' touch a "Milspec" AKA Bushmaster anywhere near that.

I've seen used post ban lowers for sale all the time at my local gunshops for much less than "retail" for new ones. A brand new Bushy lower with guts costs a relative lot to a like new trade in of like make. For example, I could order a brand new bushy lower for $200+ but I have seen used lowers in local gunshops and at gunshows for $150 and sometimes less, same brand same configuration... just used. I was hoping to get someone's attention to see if they had a possible trade in in mind that I could get from them to save them the effort of trading it in... and perhaps give them a better price for it than a gun shop would. I know I can get an "off brand" lower for as low as $95 locally if I want I was just trying to save myself the legwork of driving out to god knows where to get one or having to pay retail.

Times are tight and so is the money for guns, I'm looking to get the best deal I can.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Locking topic as it should be in EE, with a hotlink to the thread in EE placed here.

I fully realize there was no intent to violate the COC.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Violation of EE-Only to buy/for sale posts portion of COC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top