Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 1:46:23 PM EDT
Has anyone had some recent experience with a GOOD moving company?  I need to ship some furniture and about 20 boxes from the DFW area to Nevada.  The 1st quote I got was for almost $1800!

It's more than I can pack in my suburban but not a full house of stuff.  Time is not so important either.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has anyone had some recent experience with a GOOD moving company?  I need to ship some furniture and about 20 boxes from the DFW area to Nevada.  The 1st quote I got was for almost $1800!

It's more than I can pack in my suburban but not a full house of stuff.  Time is not so important either.

Thanks!

Rent a truck or trailer and do it yourself...
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I used apple moving they did great work. good price
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

Rent a truck or trailer and do it yourself...

Or do a mix of both...Rent the truck and hire someone to load and unload.  

That's what I did on the move from Colorado back to Texas.  Saved me some wear and tear on my back!  Quinn Moving (972 625 5596) is local and they do a fantastic job loading or unloading.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
+1

Quoted:
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
+1

Quoted:
\

+2

good price and very fast.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1

Quoted:
\

+2

good price and very fast.

I've used them twice, they re good to go. Don't know if they do out of town stuff though.

MPD165
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks fellas!

I'll give apple a call.

I don't wanna go the do it yourself route because this is stuff going back to my in-laws and I have no desire to waste vacation time on driving a truck to see them...I just want their stuff outta my house!
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#9]
When I moved back to Texas after living out of state for a few (long) years, i discovered that interstate mover are governed by some federal regulations.  IIRC, the actual loading, transport, and unloading has some type of government controlled rate structure based on weight and mileage.  The variable fees were centered around what 'extra' services you wanted on each end (packing, unpacking, disconnecting/reconnecting appliances, taking apart beds).

Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Then should they pitch in and pay for moving expenses?

yeah....and then there's the one about Goldie Locks and the 3 Bears!  

Seriously though,
I gave up on "reimbursement" ages ago.  Just looking to pack their shit up and get my extra bedroom back!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top