Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2010 5:21:17 PM EDT
I have a White Oak Armament upper on a stag lower and the standard trigger is too poor to do it justice. I don't shoot this rifle often so I don't want to spend $150 on a match trigger.

Any recommendations? Seems there is a lot of stories of RRA 2 Stage triggers crapping out so I am anxious about doing one of those.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry about the stories, the new rock river two stages are great, you won't regret one, best two stage for the price. In my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have over 600 rounds on a RRA 2 Stage NM without a problem
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got RRA 2-stage triggers in three ARs.  After thousands of rounds through the guns I've never had a problem.  Like ALL triggers you should keep it clean.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:08:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Bill Springfield's trigger work is very cost effective.  http://www.triggerwork.net/.     I have the 3lb trigger on my SPR style AR.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#5]
timney 3lb drop in.

don't skimp on a trigger.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't skimp on the trigger and use Jewell Triggers and KNS anti-rotating pins. It's the only way to go. Bushmaster Competition Trigger are good triggers,but still about $130.00. You can all do a 15 minute trigger job, that what I did till I saved the money for the Jewell. Need more info. IM me.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Don't skimp on the trigger and use Jewell Triggers and KNS anti-rotating pins. It's the only way to go. Bushmaster Competition Trigger are good triggers,but still about $130.00. You can all do a 15 minute trigger job, that what I did till I saved the money for the Jewell. Need more info. IM me.
Mike

I had a Jewell that came out of adjustment - several times.  And yes, it was installed and adjusted properly.  The problem was the gun got USED a lot.  I've seen the same problems with other Jewell triggers too.  IMHO a Jewell is fine on a target rifle but certainly isn't something I'd use in competition or "in the field".  A friend of mine and very well respected custom rifle maker is a HUGE Jewell fan and uses them in most of his rifles but even he admits he never takes one to a competition without a backup trigger in his kit.  Obviously, YMMV.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

I had a Jewell that came out of adjustment - several times.  And yes, it was installed and adjusted properly.  The problem was the gun got USED a lot.  I've seen the same problems with other Jewell triggers too.  IMHO a Jewell is fine on a target rifle but certainly isn't something I'd use in competition or "in the field".  A friend of mine and very well respected custom rifle maker is a HUGE Jewell fan and uses them in most of his rifles but even he admits he never takes one to a competition without a backup trigger in his kit.  Obviously, YMMV.

Book is spot on.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had a RRA 2 stage in a gun since 2002, and I put one in my SBR this year. I love them, and have never had issues.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#10]
The least expensive way to improve the trigger is to install the long grip screw ( Brownells) that goes thru the lower and hits the back of the trigger bar. Then stone the sear and hammer just enough to polish the machine marks out of it. The total cost is about $40. I am not a fan of the 2 stage triggers. I would rather have the overtravel and take up be less.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#11]
this is just my opinion, but i have excellent luck with the Rock River 2 stage triggers. Eagle firearms has them 90 bucks delivered, kind of hard to beat for that price, they are in the industry section if you care to look. i've had several thousand rounds through my rifles and most have the RR 2 stage, no failures as of yet. YMMV, so good luck
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Do you prefer 1 or 2 stage triggers?  

I have had RRA 2 stage in a varmint rifle for a few years.  I've not had any problems with it, but think I'd prefer a single stage in the varmint rifle instead.  

I've also been wanting to replace the trigger in my carbines, and was looking at the AR Gold and a couple others.  Many of these triggers are expensive, especially wen you talk about putting them in multiple guns.  If the mil-spec triggers are getting replaced in my carbines, I don't want to give up reliability and/or durability, so have kinda been sitting on that project until I have more info.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have had RRA 2 stage in a varmint rifle for a few years.  I've not had any problems with it, but think I'd prefer a single stage in the varmint rifle instead.  

I've also been wanting to replace the trigger in my carbines, and was looking at the AR Gold and a couple others.  Many of these triggers are expensive, especially wen you talk about putting them in multiple guns.  If the mil-spec triggers are getting replaced in my carbines, I don't want to give up reliability and/or durability, so have kinda been sitting on that project until I have more info.

If you want I'll let you borrow a Geissele trigger.  But it will spoil you!

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want I'll let you borrow a Geissele trigger.  But it will spoil you!

I just might have to take you up on that.  Which model do you have?

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a two stage and a single stage and they are both AWESOME.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

I have never had a problem with any of  the adjustment moving on there own in over 15 years.  All my AR15s have Jewell triggers in them. Yes, tou must have a lower that good hammer and trigger holes and quality pins.  I installed about 12 Jewell triggers in the past 15 years in AR15s and no reported problems. I use my ARs for competition, target, and hunting. I have a Jewell that been has over 6,000 rounds fired and over  8,000 dry fired. I would not recomend a Jewell trigger for self defense due to lawyers making it into a "killers trigger". What triggers do you use? That's IMHO.

Mike    

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have never had a problem with any of  the adjustment moving on there own in over 15 years.  All my AR15s have Jewell triggers in them. Yes, tou must have a lower that good hammer and trigger holes and quality pins.  I installed about 12 Jewell triggers in the past 15 years in AR15s and no reported problems. I use my ARs for competition, target, and hunting. I have a Jewell that been has over 6,000 rounds fired and over  8,000 dry fired. I would not recomend a Jewell trigger for self defense due to lawyers making it into a "killers trigger". What triggers do you use? That's IMHO.

Mike    

You COUNT your dry fire "rounds"?  Really?

Glad your experience with Jewell triggers has been a good one.  You aren't alone.  There are lots of other guys who love their Jewell triggers.  Jewell triggers are not bad triggers.  

I have owned KAC, BM, Armalite, Jewell, Timney, RRA, Geissele and Colt (M16) triggers.  Additionally I have used McCormick and a few others.  Is that the information you wanted?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top