Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 12:28:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost two cats in 2004 within a few months of each other. I tried the Clark county animal shelter and I found it to be quite dirty and unkept. Go to the Lied Animal center on Mojave. I was just over there a few weks ago and they have a billion cats, It took all my wife and I had to not bring another one home with us. They had a bunch of really cute kittens. I got my last two cats from them. You'll pay a bit for them but you get a neutered or spayed cat with a locator chip and they get their first round of shots too. They also give you a free first visit to a vet thats on their list. I also got a free bag of kitten food too. Give them a try you won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
We got a real nice little kitten from a rescue center who go to Petco near Sunset on the weekends
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I just re-read my last post. You don't get a locator chip its an ID chip.  My bad.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I tried the Clark county animal shelter and I found it to be quite dirty and unkept. Go to the Lied Animal center on Mojave.

The Clark County Shelter you speak about, is that the one on Dewey.  Trop and Decatur.  If so, it is ran by the Nevada ASPCA.  The Leid / AFI is the Shelter that Las Vegas, Clark County, and North Las Vegas take animals to.

Arin, I brought in a litter of kittens today, with their mother.  Still a little young, about 6 to 8 weeks.  Hey it is Spring and in Animal Control, that is Kitten season.  Take a look at Lied / AFI they have a lot of kittens / cats and dogs / puppies that need a good home.  Also you can try the Henderson Shelter.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:34:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats funny, they had a shitload of kittens over there at Lied when I was there not even two weeks ago. Either there was a run on cats or the euthenized them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Try Best Freinds in Utah.................www.bestfreinds.org.  It's in Kanab.  I'll go get it if you don't want to drive there.  BUT you should go see the place and take your wife.  Also I forgot Arin, Best Friends brings cats and dogs ever month to Petco I think.  Check on the website.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thats funny, they had a shitload of kittens over there at Lied when I was there not even two weeks ago. Either there was a run on cats or the euthenized them.

They made a little Mistake
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Try Best Freinds in Utah.................www.bestfreinds.org.  It's in Kanab.  I'll go get it if you don't want to drive there.  BUT you should go see the place and take your wife.  Also I forgot Arin, Best Friends brings cats and dogs ever month to Petco I think.  Check on the website.

+1

I got two kittens, about two years ago, from Best Friends.  They were chipped and had their first set of shots.  They were at a local PetsMart.

Good luck.

Tricia

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i have looked at the SPCA on dewey, and the lied on Mojave.

no KITTENS.

I need a real young one (~8 week)...otherwise it will be a never ending hiss and spit session at my house.

why don't you check out craigslist. they usually have kittens for free.  i got one a while back for my nephew.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I got two kittens, about two years ago, from Best Friends.  They were chipped and had their first set of shots.  They were at a local PetsMart.

Good luck.

Tricia

Thanks Tricia for +1.  Is'nt that place the best??? If you have'nt been there go take a tour sometime.  .............I got a $10 dog out of that place Leid.  Poor little basterd had all his bones showing, kennel cough, and mange. He cost me $600 in the first two weeks I had him.  He was just sitting there shaking so bad I felt sorry for him.  Now he has taken over the house. LOL
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost two cats in 2004 within a few months of each other. I tried the Clark county animal shelter and I found it to be quite dirty and unkept. Go to the Lied Animal center on Mojave. I was just over there a few weks ago and they have a billion cats, It took all my wife and I had to not bring another one home with us. They had a bunch of really cute kittens. I got my last two cats from them. You'll pay a bit for them but you get a neutered or spayed cat with a locator chip and they get their first round of shots too. They also give you a free first visit to a vet thats on their list. I also got a free bag of kitten food too. Give them a try you won't be dissapointed.

+1 on the Mojave shelter.  We went to see some cats there and a few of them stuck their paws out of the cage and a few more rubbed up on the cage for a petting.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#15]
ARin, if you're still looking for a kitten, let me know. One of my Airmen's cats just had a litter. They are like 6 weeks old now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#17]
check the HENDERSON shelter, take sunset west of boulder and follow the signs.

it's near the Henderson PD range.

link
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Saw a sign here on base for a free kitten, ill get the info for ya.

ETA: Cat is gone. Sorry
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#20]
clicky

3 Kittens - Free to good home

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-04-01, 3:50PM PST

Three black kittens, 1 male, 2 females. 8 weeks old and very very cute! Mostly litterbox trained. Playful and used to children. No research labs or testing facilities please. 768-0191

"tactical black!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top