Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/14/2006 12:36:57 PM EST
I am having a bit of trouble with a 9mm upper that I cannot correct. It keeps letting go long (2 - 10 rds.) bursts of fire no matter what corrective action I have tried. Think it is time to let someone who knows what they are doing work on it. So I need an AR-smith. Thanks.

Sapper
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:18:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sapper22:
I am having a bit of trouble with a 9mm upper that I cannot correct. It keeps letting go long (2 - 10 rds.) bursts of fire no matter what corrective action I have tried. Think it is time to let someone who knows what they are doing work on it. So I need an AR-smith. Thanks.

Sapper

Please send it to me. I will take care of it.

jj
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:39:21 PM EST
It ain't yer upper, it's your lower... and sounds like a disconnector/spring problem to me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:07:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2006 3:36:25 PM EST by new-arguy]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:53:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Im not a gunsmith or armorer because I have had no formal training or official instruction. . .

DAYUMMMMMM!!!!! For someone that has no formal training you sure do build some sweet rifles!!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:25:23 PM EST

Please send it to me. I will take care of it.

jj

That seems to be the way to get it fixed...I got the exact same advice from two other friends today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:29:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Im not a gunsmith or armorer because I have had no formal training or official instruction. While I hope to remedy that detail shortly, I can fix most problems related to an AR and have the tools and parts to do so on hand. I agree that this problem sounds like your trigger. Feel free to stop by the GUN GALLERY some time tomorrow if you like, I'll show you how to do it yourself . I'll be there from 10-5.

I will have to try and swing by, I do appreciate it. I do know it is not a problem with the lower, I ran it on an Oly and a Bushmaster today with the same result. Both lowers run fine in 5.56, it is the 9mm that makes them malfunction. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:40:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:44:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By SGB:
Neil is your guy, he'll get er done.

+1 for Neil. Had a problem with the gas block on my gun and he fixed it right up.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:27:37 PM EST
A big +1 for Neil and Gun Gallery. I went by today and even though the store was PACKED he still took the time to check out my rifle! I may now have a fix for the problem, have to wait untill next week to know for sure. Thanks for the help fellas and thanks for your time Neil.
Top Top