Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2014 5:45:16 PM EDT
The title says it all.  I am looking to build a storage facility and have no idea where to start.  If anyone has a line on a company that does this, let me know.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
A few years back I recall seeing a franchise set up that helped with everything.  I assume you are talking business here and not just a big ass building to store all your decoys.  Also, find the local Morton Building contractors, if there are any and/or their equivalent in your area.

I know a really good cement/mason guy here in Phillips who covers a fair amount of ground.  I need to call him today about something, I will ask if he knows anybody in your area.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few years back I recall seeing a franchise set up that helped with everything.  I assume you are talking business here and not just a big ass building to store all your decoys.  Also, find the local Morton Building contractors, if there are any and/or their equivalent in your area.

I know a really good cement/mason guy here in Phillips who covers a fair amount of ground.  I need to call him today about something, I will ask if he knows anybody in your area.
View Quote

I've got a Northland (formerly Menards) big-ass polebarn for my decoys.... and my trucks, my boats, my snowmobiles....

If just need something to keep shit secure and out of the weather, a polebarn is the way to go. Morton or Northland, 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Find a local sales rep for either, they'll sell you the building and have a contractor lined up to build it. When I had mine built, I called the local Menards building rep (not the home improvement store), and he had several excavators and concrete guys for me to contact, he had his own guys to put up the building. The only other thing I needed was electricity, and I did that myself... I ran an underground line from the house breaker box to a new breaker box in the pole barn, and wired the building (I ran a telephone line too while I had the trench dug).  
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
While I may use one of the storage bays for my decoy trailer, this would be a commercial storage building.

I absolutely agree that Morton buildings are the best pole buildings ever, the returns do not justify the expense.  I know another guy who had two Mortons on his 5 building storage complex and he said he loved the buildings but they were just too expensive to have put in.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
For cost effectiveness,  might I suggest one of the Amish built builders in the area. Very timely & very reasonably priced. I have a friend of a friend that had two building built side by side. One by Amish builders, the other by a GC using store bought products. The Amish building was completed days before at nearly 10K less.

Just some food for thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top