Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2015 9:31:32 PM EDT
I'm looking for a nice, romantic place to take my wife to dinner in Gloucester, Yorktown, West Point, Matthews or Saluda. I'm looking for something with low lighting and a nice view for me and the wife for a date night. Preferable food would be steak, pasta or mexican. Any suggestions. We've had a rough few months and I need to take her some where nice in the listed areas. I don't want to go near the cities like Hampton, otherwise I'd take her to The Melting Pot. Thanks all.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:39:04 PM EDT
2nd Street Bistro in Yorktown/Newport News is pretty good.  It's a white tablecloth joint that my wife and I enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:47:42 AM EDT
If you cross the river, take Colonial National Parkway and end up in Williamsburg there are a few options that fit that. The historical area has The Trellis, Blue Talon Bistro (French), The Fat Canary ($$$ but worth it). Away from the historic area you have Second Street Bistro and Cochin on Second
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:58:01 AM EDT
Seasons is pretty good in Williamsburg. For Yorktown there's a place on the river....River Walk I think?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:14:05 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gdvan01:
Seasons is pretty good in Williamsburg. For Yorktown there's a place on the river....River Walk I think?
View Quote

That's it. Riverwalk Restaurant. In terms of views, that's probably the best bet. The chefs do a solid job. I can vouch for the seafood, but haven't tried their steaks. IIRC, they have elk on the menu.

If you really need to wind down, take her to my old haunt for post-dinner drinks at the Yorktown Pub.

That's a wide range of areas. Are you local or staying somewhere in the Gloucester/Yorktown area? Is the southern Northern Neck too far? Dinner and drinks at the Tides Inn can be a really nice experience.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:16:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jiro:

That's it. Riverwalk Restaurant. In terms of views, that's probably the best bet. The chefs do a solid job. I can vouch for the seafood, but haven't tried their steaks. IIRC, they have elk on the menu.

If you really need to wind down, take her to my old haunt for post-dinner drinks at the Yorktown Pub.

That's a wide range of areas. Are you local or staying somewhere in the Gloucester/Yorktown area? Is the southern Northern Neck too far? Dinner and drinks at the Tides Inn can be a really nice experience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jiro:
Originally Posted By gdvan01:

I live in Gloucester. There are many nice restaurants, I just don't know of many places with a nice romantic atmosphere near Gloucester. We like The Melting Pot, but we want to stay away from areas like Hampton and Newport News where most of those establishments seem to be. I'll check out the Tides Inn, and I don't know what area the Southern Neck is considered.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:15:13 PM EDT
Try the Duke of York, right on the water in Yorktown. Bodacious seafood.

In Williamsburg, Chowning's Tavern is excellent. And a lot cheaper than the King's Arms or Christiana Campbells.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:15:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 3:16:21 PM EDT by conductor]
OOOPs. Double tap.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:57:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Camaroman:
I live in Gloucester. There are many nice restaurants, I just don't know of many places with a nice romantic atmosphere near Gloucester. We like The Melting Pot, but we want to stay away from areas like Hampton and Newport News where most of those establishments seem to be. I'll check out the Tides Inn, and I don't know what area the Southern Neck is considered.
View Quote

The Tides is in Irvington, in southern Lancaster County, right on the Rapp. It's a good married couple date night / anniversary place. And fairly reasonably priced, especially given the surroundings. If you look into it, ask for a window table with a river view.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 9:26:02 AM EDT
You may also try Willaby's which is in White Stone, just across the Rapp. River from Middlesex County.  Willabys is at the foot of the Norris Bridge on the Lancaster side, right on the water.  There is even a  beach in front of it.  It has great views of the river, especially for sunset.  Good food and reasonable prices.  Depending on where you are in Gloucester you could be there in under 30 min.

Willaby's
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:21:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2016 9:23:04 AM EDT by rc109a]
There is a restaurant at York River Yacht Haven at GP.  Have not eaten there, but nice scenery.

OP, so what did you decide on?  I like to keep options open and live in the same part of town as you so this has my interests.
Top Top