Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 12:23:06 AM EDT
I am looking for a gunsafe that I can secure my weapons in and not pay an arm and a leg for. I have found http://www.gunsafestore.com/G4211.htm this one and walmart carries them. Anyone have any other ideas where int he louisville area I can find a decent safe?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Dick's Sporting Goods sometimes runs sales or has one on clearance.  You may wait for Bass Pro to open they might have what your are  looking for..  Other than that I didn't find anything around $500 in Louisville.   Firearm service center carries safes, but most of them are over a grand.  

You have a better chance finding a safe in the $799 range.  Also Bud's Gun Shop is having a sale starting on Thursday.  He is in Paris, KY about 1.5 hours from Louisville.  Sale includes Safes.  

Bud's charged me $250 to deliver my safe and take it into the basement down 14 stairs. (I don't have a walkout.)  He is the only one I know that uses a machanical lift to get it in your house or down the stairs.  It only took two guys moved my 950 lb safe.  

You might be happier saving up and getting one that costs a little more $$$$.   My first safe was a 12 long gun safe, but I could only get in 8 guns and it wasn't fire resistant.  Darn things can fill up quickly so buy bigger if you can.

Good luck...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:16:24 AM EDT
[#2]
If your wanting one for just security and not worried about being fire proof. Check out the Stack On series at Dick's. Heres a link.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2033182&cp=712508.715299.702353&page=2&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=familyStack On
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of the no frills green ones from wallyworld that the family got me for christmas...its one of the ones I have I should say...ran a couple hundred bucks and they got me the small pistol safe to go on top.  not fireproof but thats what insurance is for.

heavy enough with guns and some ammo in it (and put in a difficult spot) that no one is gonna drag it out of there easily. Breaking in would take a while but you can get into anything given enough time.

Essayons
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top