Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2007 7:42:24 AM EDT
Im in the Kendall area of Miami and looking for someone to do a transfer of a silencer.  Any help would be appreciated!

V
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Ace's.....    Just kidding.  

Big Al's on Hallandale Bch Blvd does NFA transfers.  I've never used anyone locally for an NFA transfer, but a few people I know have had Big Al's do it for them, and all went well.   Call them and ask for Rich.  He's the boss, and the one that knows about transfers; the other employees there aren't involved with any of the NFA business, I think.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Big Al's on Hallandale Bch Blvd does NFA transfers.  I've never used anyone locally for an NFA transfer, but a few people I know have had Big Al's do it for them, and all went well.   Call them and ask for Rich.  He's the boss, and the one that knows about transfers; the other employees there aren't involved with any of the NFA business, I think.  

That's correct.  Rich is the guy as no one else there handles that.  You can get it done  cheaper at Lee's Pawn further north but I did not mind paying a few bucks more at Big Al's which was more convenient for me and I also shoot there at times.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hallandale is not in the neighborhood....

I read somewhere that South Dade Jewlery and Gun ( by Southland mall ) does Class 3 transfers, but I am not sure of there transfer fee.

I do my non-NFA transfers with them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hallandale is not in the neighborhood....

I read somewhere that South Dade Jewlery and Gun ( by Southland mall ) does Class 3 transfers, but I am not sure of there transfer fee.

I do my non-NFA transfers with them.

Try South Dade or Florida Armory.  Not sure who is cheaper these days. There have been several reported issues with ACE's.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used South Dade for Tx's anthough no NFA stuff.  They've been charging $35/tx on non-NFA stuff.  I know they do those though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Does Delta Hawk do NFA transfers? Good guy to deal with if he does.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought there was a guy in the Doral area that was doing this?  I just cant find any info or postings on him.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2007 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Dam dude haven’t seen you here in a while
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dam dude haven’t seen you here in a while

Hey man, I have not been on in almost a year.  Been working way hard and my health has not been up to par.  Long story.  But any luck your way with out having to pay some $100 for a transfer?  

Let me know when you guys will make it out next for a shoot, Id love to come out and shoot some with you all!

Link Posted: 8/7/2007 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
South Dade charges $100/transfer on NFA...at least that's what they told me about a year ago.  They'll also give you the 3rd degree as to who you are, who you know, what you do for a living, etc.   Or maybe I just sound like a low-life on the phone, so they needed to investigate me....
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
South Dade charges $100/transfer on NFA...at least that's what they told me about a year ago.  They'll also give you the 3rd degree as to who you are, who you know, what you do for a living, etc.   Or maybe I just sound like a low-life on the phone, so they needed to investigate me....

I remember trying to do a transfer there before.  Like you said pain in the ass! I would like to go somewhere that is AR15.com friendly and is not going to rape me over the coals for transfers.  What ever happened to $50 NFA transfers?
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
When I lived down that way I got all my stuff from Vito up at Only the Best. It is in Pompano so it is a bit of a drive but he might have what you are looking for in stock so you wont have to pay to have it transfered in.

D
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember trying to do a transfer there before.  Like you said pain in the ass! I would like to go somewhere that is AR15.com friendly and is not going to rape me over the coals for transfers.  What ever happened to $50 NFA transfers?

same here. they gave me the third degree and after all was said and done they said they said that the owner would only do it for personal freinds.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would like to go somewhere that is AR15.com friendly and is not going to rape me over the coals for transfers.  What ever happened to $50 NFA transfers?

Lee's Pawn Jewelry & Guns
2177 N. State Rd. 7        (SR 7, just North of Copans)
Margate FL 33063

954-968-8484

He's real easy to deal with. He won't rake you over the coals.
He's half the price of Vito, and he won't lie to you like Vito.

Title 1 Transfers - $20.00 (including NICS check)
Title 2 Transfers - $75.00

Tell him that I sent you......

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#15]
terma-nator,

I have been trying to contact him via phone.  Is there another way of getting in touch?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
terma-nator,

I have been trying to contact him via phone.  Is there another way of getting in touch?

Have you left a message?
He's always busy in the store. It's rare if you do get him on the phone.
He will answer his messages, or his e-mail is [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#17]
sweet, thats my name as well.  Ill shoot him an email and tell him you sent me!  

Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would like to go somewhere that is AR15.com friendly and is not going to rape me over the coals for transfers.  What ever happened to $50 NFA transfers?

Lee's Pawn Jewelry & Guns
2177 N. State Rd. 7        (SR 7, just North of Copans)
Margate FL 33063

954-968-8484

He's real easy to deal with. He won't rake you over the coals.
He's half the price of Vito, and he won't lie to you like Vito.

Title 1 Transfers - $20.00 (including NICS check)
Title 2 Transfers - $75.00

Tell him that I sent you......

$75
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top