Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:12:45 PM EDT
I was up in Michigan over the weekend and got jealous of my cousin's Deer camp. I looked a little on ebay and realtor.com at land, but didn;t real know where to focus. I am looking for a realtively cheap but accessible area preferably up the 85 corridor. Maybe Toccoa area? Would like to build a cabin or something out there.

Any advice from you guys on where to start. I would imagine that most of these properties get sold locally or by word of mouth, not through realtors?

Thanks,

Rob

PS you will all be invited!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
My advice would be drive up here and ride the roads. There are large lots of property for sale all over.

Price ain't what it used to be. Figure $10K/acre average. You can find it cheaper, but most will be at the price or more.

I'm in Gainesville, but head up to White county, Towns, Stephens area every couple weekends.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:29:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My advice would be drive up here and ride the roads. There are large lots of property for sale all over.

Price ain't what it used to be. Figure $10K/acre average. You can find it cheaper, but most will be at the price or more.

I'm in Gainesville, but head up to White county, Towns, Stephens area every couple weekends.

I agree with KletzenKlueffer. I live in this area and there is land for sale all over, just ride around on HWY 106 and maybe 17 and you will likely find land for sale. The price has increased greatly in the past few years. Less than two years ago we purchased land from a elderly neighbor for $1500 an acre but you can expect to see higher prices. If you look you can still find land in the 5k to 7k an acre.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
You can probably find some land in the "Georgia Outdoor News" magazine. Usually sold at hunting/fishing stores or some gas stations or bookstores. If you are not familiar with this publication, it is the state's local hunting/fishing magazine. Very good articles in it and always a bunch of land for sale. you can also find it on www.gon.com

GlockSpeed31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top