Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 10:47:11 AM EDT
I'm trying to find a dedicated CCW class in Northern Virginia. I'd like to find one which deals with the legalities of self defense, but is not restricted to just the home envirionment.  It would have to be on a weekend because I go to Liberty U. down in Lynchburg, and would have to come back up for just the weekend. (I'm asking for one in NoVa cause I haven't found any classes down here).  Can you guys help me out?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
A number of people on the board have contacted me about a dedicated course in the next few weeks.  I'm in the Richmond area.  Not sure if you come through here on the way to Liberty, but you're welcome to join.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue Ridge Arsenal has a CCH class.

it is a 2 part class.

The THursday night portion is to ensure that you have the equipment that you need, and the proficiency to draw from the holster.
THis was mandated after some ass put a round through his back pocket reholstering with his finger on the trigger, and another couple borrowed guns to take the course, because they only had 5 shot revolvers.

The classroom and range qual ore on the following Sunday, from 11-7 w/ one hour for lunch.
THe instructor is top notch.

THe qual is 60 rounds, timed from the holster.

It is the same course of fire as the DCJS, which is the minimum standards to qualify as an armed guard.

It is probably the most comprehensive course in NoVA, because of the amount of shooting.
THe NRA is a little better due to the fact that they have a lawyer talk to you, but the BRA instructor has been in the personal protection arena for a long time, and keeps up with all changes in the law WRT leathal force and carry issues.

I think it's about $125 for the class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top