Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2013 4:14:34 PM EDT
I  have  a  project  that  requires  a  Pa.  machinist  or  gunsmith  who  is  well  versed  in  virgin  barrel  populating ( headspacing  and  boring/ reaming  for  the  barrel pin ) . I'm  not  really  concerned  w/ costs , but  need  to  hand  deliver / and  receive  the  project . I  will  NOT  ship . Do  any  of  you  know  someone  who  is
really  good  w/ AKs ?  Thanks. ( this  is  not  the  everyday  ak  project )
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to contact Wells Custom Gunmakers.  Dave does almost as much AK work as he does ARs, and he does a lot of ARs.

(570) 222-2213          www.wellscustomguns.com
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Dave Wells is an excellent gunsmith imo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]
While  I  don't  doubt  Dave  is  an  excellent  'smith , his  website  does  NOT  show  any  AKs  or  describe  the  different   tasks / fees  associated  w/ such  work . I
am  looking  for  someone  who  knows  them  all   intimately . Anyone  else  come  to  mind ?
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
there is another dude that does great work, ill get his name.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
there is another dude that does great work, ill get his name.
View Quote

Do  that .  I  can't   believe  that  in  the  entire  free  state  of  Pa.  only  one  guy  is  proficient  at  building  AKs . Thanks  for  taking  a  look .
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Rich does good work.  Maybe not taking new work right now.

http://frontlinearmory.com/index.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top