Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2004 12:04:37 PM EST
I'm hoping to find a deal on someone's old or second string equipment to give bow hunting a try.

Somebody help me out please.
Talk your neighbor outa that stuff collecting dust in his closet.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:57:13 AM EST
I'll ask around, but I'm not sure what kind of response I'll get.

Most of my buds are decidedly "gun guys".

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:29:50 PM EST
How much are`looking to invest?Right handed or left?
How much power(pounds) are you looking at?Compound or recurve?
and How long of draw (what length arrows)do you use?

I can bring some gear to the next WI shoot for you to try out,but I have long arms and I like a 'strong' bow.I shoot righty and left but quit left hand becuase of a bum shoulder on that side.I 'loaned' out most of my old RH stuff but can get some of it back.Got one compound and a recurve collecting dust in my closet.

BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:31:11 AM EST

BC, I'm not entirely sure on specs.
I read a bit about sizing, measured my wingspan, and their chart said my draw is between 29 and 30".
I checked that with my fist against a wall and other hand in draw position and it seems dead on.

Looking for a compound just 'cause it seems like the thing to do; I know even less about longbows.
Definitely a grip left/draw right setup for me.

No idea on arrow length.
Vague idea of axle to axle length ... about 40" ...... I think ... from what I've read.
Kinda open on draw weights.
Ideally a 45-60 adjustable compound, but I can handle a 65 or 70 if that's what I run into.

$$ wise I'm floating.
I've seen some "everything you need to hunt" ebay auctions that close around $100, but I have no idea which are a deal and which are a burn.
I was hoping to find a low end but workable hunting package for $100 or close to it.

I dunno if that's a reasonable mark to work from.
Figured I could upgrade equipment if bowhunting worked for me.

If I don't take any game with the bow ...... atleast it was good scouting for gun season.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:38:51 AM EST
T-J
I don't know if I want to part with what I got for that,I'll have to ponder...
but,
I can loan you a rig to try.RH 65 pound and a 31" draw(arrow length),which should work for you.
You'd have to buy your own arrows.

BulletcatchR

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:28:28 PM EST
IM sent to BC.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:08:30 PM EST
BulletcatchR,

What kind of Recurve do you have? Poundage?,right or left handed?, condition?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:59:20 PM EST
I have a LH 55 pound recurve but I think I am gonna swap it for a LH compound I loaned out.

My left shoulder is trashed and the recurve is the only lefty I got around and impossible for me to shoot.I gotta see if I can still doit,,I can almost hit the side of the woodshed using the recurve,hehehe.

BulletcatchR
Top Top