Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 1:04:37 PM EDT
I'm hoping to find a deal on someone's old or second string equipment to give bow hunting a try.

Somebody help me out please.
Talk your neighbor outa that stuff collecting dust in his closet.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll ask around, but I'm not sure what kind of response I'll get.

Most of my buds are decidedly "gun guys".

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
How much are`looking to invest?Right handed or left?
How much power(pounds) are you looking at?Compound or recurve?
and How long of draw (what length arrows)do you use?

I can bring some gear to the next WI shoot for you to try out,but I have long arms and  I like a 'strong' bow.I shoot righty and left but quit left hand becuase of a bum shoulder on that side.I 'loaned' out most of my old RH stuff but can get some of it back.Got one compound and a recurve collecting dust in my closet.

BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#3]

BC, I'm not entirely sure on specs.
I read a bit about sizing, measured my wingspan, and their chart said my draw is between 29 and 30".
I checked that with my fist against a wall and other hand in draw position and it seems dead on.

Looking for a compound just 'cause it seems like the thing to do; I know even less about longbows.
Definitely a grip left/draw right setup for me.

No idea on arrow length.
Vague idea of axle to axle length ... about 40" ...... I think ... from what I've read.
Kinda open on draw weights.
Ideally a 45-60 adjustable compound, but I can handle a 65 or 70 if that's what I run into.

$$ wise I'm floating.
I've seen some "everything you need to hunt" ebay auctions that close around $100, but I have no idea which are a deal and which are a burn.
I was hoping to find a low end but workable hunting package for $100 or close to it.

I dunno if that's a reasonable mark to work from.
Figured I could upgrade equipment if bowhunting worked for me.

If I don't take any game with the bow ...... atleast it was good scouting for gun season.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
T-J
I don't know if I want to part with what I got for that,I'll have to ponder...
but,
I can loan you a rig to try.RH 65 pound and a 31" draw(arrow length),which should work for you.
You'd have to buy your own arrows.

BulletcatchR

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
IM sent to BC.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]
BulletcatchR,

What kind of Recurve do you have? Poundage?,right or left handed?, condition?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a LH 55 pound recurve but I think I am gonna swap it for a LH compound I loaned out.

My left shoulder is trashed and the recurve is the only lefty I got around and impossible for me to shoot.I gotta see if I can still doit,,I can almost hit the side of the woodshed using the recurve,hehehe.

BulletcatchR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top