Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2005 4:23:06 PM EDT
  Anybody have experience with long range ranges here in TX.  I have read about Tacpro and will probably ease up there next week.  Have been to Gunstock at Tigervalley but they are not open to the public.  I know that ASC in Houston is good to 600yds but I refuse to go there because  of their Elmer Fudd prejudice against suppressed weapons.  Is there any other ranges to consider with 400 to 1000yd capability?  I am in Austin but would consider making a day or overnight trip.  Thanks in advance.

Debo
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The Angelina Rifle and Pistol Club, Inc. just north of Lufkin is working on either a 500 or 600 meter high power range.  Membership is $60/year.  That's it.  You must be a member of the NRA.  I think they have a website;  the application might be there.  They also host Cowboy Action, 3-Gun, .22 target pistol (that one-handed shit with the high dollar pistols), and many Scout and youth events.  The e-mail I have is [email protected].  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone been to the TSRA Range?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been to the George Tubb Memorial Range run by the Texas State Rifle Association.  It is in Mineral Wells, Texas.  It is a good place to shoot and learn the wind!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top