Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 4:23:06 PM EDT
  Anybody have experience with long range ranges here in TX.  I have read about Tacpro and will probably ease up there next week.  Have been to Gunstock at Tigervalley but they are not open to the public.  I know that ASC in Houston is good to 600yds but I refuse to go there because  of their Elmer Fudd prejudice against suppressed weapons.  Is there any other ranges to consider with 400 to 1000yd capability?  I am in Austin but would consider making a day or overnight trip.  Thanks in advance.

Debo
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:26:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:55:43 PM EDT
The Angelina Rifle and Pistol Club, Inc. just north of Lufkin is working on either a 500 or 600 meter high power range.  Membership is $60/year.  That's it.  You must be a member of the NRA.  I think they have a website;  the application might be there.  They also host Cowboy Action, 3-Gun, .22 target pistol (that one-handed shit with the high dollar pistols), and many Scout and youth events.  The e-mail I have is bullseye@lcc.net.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:27:55 PM EDT
Anyone been to the TSRA Range?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:59:25 PM EDT
I've been to the George Tubb Memorial Range run by the Texas State Rifle Association.  It is in Mineral Wells, Texas.  It is a good place to shoot and learn the wind!
Top Top