Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 8:55:19 PM EDT
Hey boys, I'm calling from Duluth --

I'm looking to do my first build on a Romy kit.  I realize I'll have to get that darn permit to purchase the receiver, but I'd love to be able to buy one FTF from a dealer to avoid the extra $20 transfer fee from my local dealer.

What would all you MN guys suggest I do?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Tom!  Oak Grove Arms had AK receivers at the last show that I saw you at.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi Jason!

Oak Grove Arms. I forgot about them. Which receiver would you recommend? It appears Harlan at DCI (?) has got some cheapies that might be good for my first build... not sure if I can get one locally though.   It'd be nice to get one 100% completed with the trunion holes already drilled for the Romanian kit, which the DCI ones are.

Thanks for the tip!

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know much about AK builds, but one of my friends just bought 2 kits.  The fairgrounds show is 3/25 and I'm sure you'll be able to find a receiver there, if not at a earlier show.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The DCI AKM recievers are not out yet, they should be available  sometime later this month
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top