Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2009 4:30:38 AM EDT
Suffolk Sportsman in Smithtowm, very clean store, good stock, caters more to hunting and fishing but did have a real nice brand new colt A2 in stock. Polite owner (rarity), and did I mention clean and organized? Don't like to bash but if you happen to visit American outdoor sports in Farmingdale be prepared to deal with not so nice customer service, I got yelled at for leaning on broken glass counter which was covered by cardboard, come to think of it ALL the glass counters were broken and taped. Also you will need a shower after you leave, just look at the shelves, floor, and broken ceiling tiles with mold growing on them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:03:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2009 9:03:42 AM EDT by FGracing]
South Shore Sportman in Merrick (just off Sunrise Hwy on Lansdowne Ave) Great store, they take the time to help you out, clean organized, lots of guns in stock and full 5.11 stuff.

T&T Gunnery in Seaford. They act like they are doing you a favor when you go in there, Nasty and dismissive counterhelp.

Coliseum Guns in Uninodale. Nice selection of 1911's shelves always full. Help is good but rushed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:11:43 AM EDT
B&J, Pistol Parlor and SAM. 'nuff said.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 9:28:14 AM EDT
Coliseum- 5 minutes away from my house close and nice. Neat but have stuff everywhere. I went there a few times to buy targets.

T&T- Nice place but treat you like crap. As said before they act like there doing you a favor which is not the case. If they had better customer service they would be a better place.

Classic Fire Arm- I personally love this place Ammo prices for 7.62x39 is ok not over priced at all. Great customer service. Small store but they will help you in any way possible. They dont cater to much to the "Assault" weapon types but the do have aks and ars in stock some times. They had a nice FAL in last time i checked.

South Shore Sportsman- IMHO there a cop store, but i like it nice selection lots of ars. Fair ammo prices and Good customer service.

Overall i will continue going to classic firearms they know me and i know them.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 1:01:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2009 1:02:47 PM EDT by bigtoyz]
Classic Fire Arm- I personally love this place Ammo prices for 7.62x39 is ok not over priced at all. Great customer service. Small store but they will help you in any way possible. They dont cater to much to the "Assault" weapon types but the do have aks and ars in stock some times. They had a nice FAL in last time i checked.

Where is this place?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:22:47 PM EDT
Don't like to bash but if you happen to visit American outdoor sports in Farmingdale be prepared to deal with not so nice customer service

+1

Store is organized like someone's attic, and prices for most things are pretty high too...

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:35:13 PM EDT
Thruway Sporting Goods, Walden NY.

Awesome store. HUGE selection of guns (perhaps the most I've seen in one place). Very nice ambiance (you'll know what I mean when you visit).

Only problem is one of the counter guys is a total FUDD and an ASSHOLE who doesn't know shit about the NYS laws.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:37:16 PM EDT
I'll agree with everyone else on American Outdoor Sports, as for T&T, I haven't had any problems with their customer service... but the last time I was there the ceiling was leaking all over the floor from the rain. Guns & Ammo is a definite avoid, they're overpriced and the store is a clusterfuck. Campsite in Huntington isn't too bad, the people there are nice, but the store is a little crowded.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:42:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bigtoyz:

Where is this place?

On Jericho Tpke in Mineola - Long Island

I went in there the other day to see if ic ould get my factory Remington trigger adjusted and the guy + customer flipped out saying I should buy a Timney or that trigger will get someone hurt... This was after about 15 minutes of standing around not being acknowledged. He also wanted $50 dollars to install each flush cup/qd swivel on a McMillan stock. Needless to say I most likely won't go back. Sad because I only live a few blocks away.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:45:24 PM EDT
Campsite in Huntington Station - the only place I'll go, unless I absoultely need to go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:59:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2009 3:01:00 PM EDT by emt322636]
Originally Posted By maddog_enigma:

Awesome store. HUGE selection of guns (perhaps the most I've seen in one place). Very nice ambiance (you'll know what I mean when you visit).

Only problem is one of the counter guys is a total FUDD and an ASSHOLE who doesn't know shit about the NYS laws.

+1 except prices, Gander mountain has better prices then this place IMHO. They had a run of the mill sig 226 for $1200. AR's for $2k (this was back in winter LAST year) Mr. FUDD is definitely a piece of work. Tried to tell me it was illegal for me to carry on my badge

I used to hang around this place for the guns and the um, ambiance when I worked at Shawanagunk CF.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 3:38:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 3:55:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Originally Posted By 762DM:
B&J, Pistol Parlor and SAM. 'nuff said.

Pistol parlor has been out of business for years, are you thinking of Guns Inc.?

Whatever Brian is calling his other cash cow these days.....

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:22:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2009 5:30:56 PM EDT by FGracing]
Originally Posted By winters921:

South Shore Sportsman- IMHO there a cop store, but i like it nice selection lots of ars. Fair ammo prices and Good customer service.

I agree lots of cops in front of and X cop behind the counter. BUT they don't give you the 'attitude". They have always been great to me and my wife (but she does have nice boobs) Seriously though, I live 5 blocks from T&T, went there on and off for years, got my first AR there in 1990, will NEVER go back until they change the attitude.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:31:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By emt322636:

+1 except prices, Gander mountain has better prices then this place IMHO. They had a run of the mill sig 226 for $1200. AR's for $2k (this was back in winter LAST year) Mr. FUDD is definitely a piece of work. Tried to tell me it was illegal for me to carry on my badge

I used to hang around this place for the guns and the um, ambiance when I worked at Shawanagunk CF.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I recently paid a lot (like $650) for a Glock 30 but they were the only ones who had one on hand. I'd rather pay a little more and give my money to a regular place than some big box like GM anyhow.

Any chance you know what FUDD's name is? I'm curious.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:38:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2009 5:39:16 PM EDT by FGracing]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOsAVF0uDP0

looked at your tag line.............. boy did it remind me that Erin Grey was hot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:43:01 AM EDT
Coliseum Guns is always great and helpful, epically Toby and Keith
(did have a recent problem with them on a transfer though, wouldn't wave the additional 10% markup on a transfer (willing to pay the $60 transfer fee) even though they couldn't get the gun I was looking for.)

Camp-Site is also great.
(they only charged me $100 for the transfer)

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:43:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Lion:
(did have a recent problem with them on a transfer though, wouldn't wave the additional 10% markup on a transfer (willing to pay the $60 transfer fee) even though they couldn't get the gun I was looking for.)

Camp-Site is also great.

Hey brother, I'm not exactly sure about the circumstances of your transfer, but $60-100 is insane. Head over to Volko Supply in Mineola and it'll only be around 28 bucks. Good shooting.

Shawn
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:57:29 AM EDT

Camp-Site is also great.

$100
Hunter Sports in Massapequa only charges $30.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:27:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 0612Devil:

Camp-Site is also great.

Hey brother, I'm not exactly sure about the circumstances of your transfer, but $60-100 is insane. Head over to Volko Supply in Mineola and it'll only be around 28 bucks. Good shooting.

Shawn

+1

You shouldn't pay more than $25 to $30 for a transfer
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:31:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By emt322636:

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I recently paid a lot (like $650) for a Glock 30 but they were the only ones who had one on hand. I'd rather pay a little more and give my money to a regular place than some big box like GM anyhow.

Any chance you know what FUDD's name is? I'm curious.

Nah, never bothered learning the dingleberry's name. Haven't been there since I transferred over to the other side of the mountain.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:59:16 PM EDT
I travel around the state and have found some nice shops.

Tim's just east of Elbridge on Rt. 5.
Zack's on Rt 9 in Round Lake.
Louie's in Bath.
B&J in Albany.
Avon Guns Rt. 20 just west of Avon.

I have purchased from all of them with no problems.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:04:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tomcat017:
Campsite in Huntington Station - the only place I'll go, unless I absoultely need to go elsewhere.

Ditto, Campsite for everything.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:28:09 PM EDT
I will be visiting Coliseum for the first time tomorrow - seeing Toby. Thanks for the heads up

South Shore Sportsman great guys owning/working there $25 transfers no problem getting personal attention. Nice selection.
Campsite good crew there, knowledgable people they make time for you too. A busy place.
Suffolk Shooting Supply $40 transfers but close to SCPD easy back and forth to get a pistol on the license.
Chesters, Chester is Chester - he seems to be able to come up with what you need when you need it.
T&T has had the reputation they have today for y e a r s. Same with American Outdoor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:39:40 PM EDT
Some of my favorite in the Syracuse area:

-Ra-Lins
-Tim's
-Gander Mountain

All of them are decent shops. I have found some used gems over the years in all of them but have never purchased anything "new" there as all most all of them are way high in price. Plus with the EE here and places like gunbroker and auctionarms, I can always find exactly what I want at the right price.

Favorite in the state:

Special Arms and Munitions in Schenectady. The have an awesome staff and always carry a great selection of EBR's and Pistols
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:03:45 PM EDT
In the Watertown area there's:
Van Tassels Gunsmithing on Rt. 37 Evens Mills
Pete's Guns on State Street in Carthage
Herb Phillipsons Arsenal St. & I-81 Watertown
Gander Mountain in the Salmon Run Mall, and Dick's also in the Mall.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:28:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2009 10:16:55 AM EDT by TROUTDIVER]
Camillus Gun and Archery (Tim's) Rte 5 in Elbridge. Very freindly, if they do not have what you are looking for they will try and find it. Prices are more than reasonable, the other dealers at the Syr. Show bitch at them becuse they don't jack the prices for the show.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:29:20 AM EDT
BGC-Buffalo Gun Center

Some good guys...

A lot of overpriced stuff...

Even more assholes
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:23:49 AM EDT
Buffalo Gun Center....

OVER PRICED!!! The only ar-15 lower they have is $$250.00 !!! Everything else is over priced also... The guys are bitchy and dont want to help you if your not going to buy something... But its the only one neer cheektowaga so thats all I got...
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:11:46 AM EDT
Beecrofts
Shooters Highland
Used to love SAM when Shawn still worked there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2009 1:48:45 PM EDT by XCoastie]
B&J in Albany I bought 2 pistols (Kimber and Sig) and an AR (RRA) from them. All of their employees are top notch.

I am having my Spikes Lower sent to Special Arms and Munitions in Schenectady to try them out (they were on Spikes FFL list) and heard great things about them also.

EDIT: SAM was very helpful making the transaction quick and painless.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:26:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jcrone2:
BGC-Buffalo Gun Center

Some good guys...

A lot of overpriced stuff...

Even more assholes

Yep deff. stay away from this place, horror story after horror story. Tim's is where it's at.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:06:46 PM EDT
I've only had positive experiences with Buffalo Gun Center..Until recently, when they raised their 7.62x54 by about 20 dollars. They had a good deal, 60 per 300...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:26:46 PM EDT
I've been treated well at T&T, can't complain, good selection and they have hooked me up with some really good deals believe it or not. I 've used Volko supply for a transfer, nice guy. Colleseum has been good to me too. Lately I've been using South Shore Sportsman in Merrick. They are very nice guys, not pushy but not afraid to help you out. SSS also has had a good selection as of late and they are fantastic with transfers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:35:22 PM EDT
Bruce at Hunter Essentials in Albertson +1
Andy & crew at Coleisum Gun Traders +1
T&T Tactical Floral Park, See Stan +1
Camp Site Huntington great crew +1
Hunter Sports +1
_________________________________________________________________________________________

American Outdoor sports, I guess they never heard of a Swiffter dust brush, broken counters(been that way for years) at there prices they could have fixed them, crew is rude, prices are no deal, never looked at the ceiling tiles(may I'm to scared)
Was in there on Wednesday for some Breakfree and I saw an UltraDot red dot sight, asked to see it, was a big dead to show me a BROKEN SIGHT! Asked have another one, no buy this one and fix it!! No joke! Only go in there because its less than 5 minutes from home.

T&T Seaford, Hank & Rose are the only people to talk to, Marty is Mr Rude.

Been in Classic only a couple of times, crew seams OK
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Does anybody remember Edelmans in Farmingdale & Frank?
So thats my list, I'm sure I left off some others.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:13:30 PM EDT
Edelman's was great. I remember buying Mak 90's there and having the salesman try to talk me out of buying garbage like that. They had the "AP" Chinese ammo for the $100/1440 that was not even cheap back then. They had a single shot Martini spear gun that I stared at for years. Used to be the place for gang members to buy guns.

When I was a kid, I would walk around Abercrombie and look at the elephant guns that cost 5x what a car did. Always bought something, even if it cost a quarter. When they had a sale, there would be free ice cream and a barbershop quartet. Very cool store.
Top Top