Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2005 10:33:10 PM EDT
Do we have any "REAL" HK gun smiths here in the "hinterland"?

I've got 2 HK 53 parts kits, 2 HK 33 parts kits with receivers ready to be built.

I'm NOT looking to pay anyones mortgage payments for the next several months but am willing to pay a reasonable price for a persons knowledge, experience and labor. Also have access to more parts for a possible labor for Authentic HK parts demilled kit if interested.

Please have references and pictures available of your work.

Thanks for reading and remember that Spring "Site-In" is comming fast!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm NOT looking to pay anyones mortgage payments for the next several months

I'm out, then.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quick question.
What would be a reasonable price for a persons knowledge, experience and labor?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
McNielsen,

Not an intent to insult but if you believe that building a HK53 is ANYTHING like "Spot Welding" you are not informed whatsoever in the required process but I thank you for your time all the same in eliminating yourself from the list.

Since no one could read and comprehend the request made of them. Even if they did consider themselves qualified, obviously they can't follow a potential customers request at the most BASIC level so what else can I say?

I am only attempting to locate someone that may have skills and knowledge. We are willing to pay a professional what they require because our business is involved in billing an hourly rate for our services. I dought that anyone would provide a "flat quote" for these but in any case I certainly would NOT be discussing the rate in a public forum.

Since everyone just wanted to see their own typing rather than contact us, I assume that no-one can put anything on the bar besides their elbow.

Thanks for your time all!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Beerjager and DSSPRO just took a class on building HK's.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]
*Hood,

"Us" means "More than one person".

There are three of "Us" that have these HK parts kits and receivers.

As to the rest of your comment.... Thats what makes America a wonderfull place to live! You like what you like and we like what we like!

I suspect that maybe you've never had the opportunity to fire an HK for a period of time because there really IS a difference! Some say that the difference isn't worth the money, others say that it is! I really enjoy the difference in the "feel and fit" of the HK design and when you can locate good HKparts, we've seen some very nice guns built from them. It really depends on having an excellent Gunsmith because an excellent gunsmith can take even "shit" parts and make an excellent firearm.

We just thought it would be worth a try to look locally, guess I should have known better having been from here most of my life!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#9]
is that jager in the background?  lol..
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:48:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quinlan is looking on!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Hood,

But of coarse they MUST have F/A capability! What fun would they be otherwise?

It also just isn't the same unless you can take it home with you and care for it. I found that once I stopped buying three or four "cheaper" ones, I now had cash to get the HK and REALLY have some fun! Of coarse we then had to buy enough land so we could shoot all we wanted without bothering anyone. It just never ends!

Hey Inferno, was that you outside the Vikings game with the pistol? I wasn't sure if you went Purple, Green or a combo?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hood,

Hey Inferno, was that you outside the Vikings game with the pistol? I wasn't sure if you went Purple, Green or a combo?

Football is gay.  I only watch hockey.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey Gunbum....My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix you up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Inferno,

There ya go.... I know, I used to think everytime I got a really good hit on a guy... Just how much I really and truely wanted the guy!

From the way the Vikings have been playing lately, it looked like they were having some of the "same" thoughts as I "used to have".

Inferno,

You mentioned a little way back that a couple of guys (BM&DSS) went through HK basic armory training. Do you happen to know where/who was holding it? Just curious, thinking of doing something like that if I can find a place somewhere.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Lurch,

Sounds like you've got "all the goods" geeze, and to think we've been asking gunsmiths with 10+ years of experience!

I was thinking maybe we could just try using some JB Extra Strong glue instead of welding the seams. What does your father think? Or maybe some bailing wire? Oh, I know, hot melt fu**ing glue! Now if that don't keep it from blowing-up in your face, nothing will!

Yah, Fur shur! Don't ya kno!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Inferno,

You mentioned a little way back that a couple of guys (BM&DSS) went through HK basic armory training. Do you happen to know where/who was holding it? Just curious, thinking of doing something like that if I can find a place somewhere.

Thanks,

They went to it while at the Small Arms Review show in AZ (IRRC).
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Inferno,

Thanks for the info! Must have been interesting with BM & DSS there abouts!

Sure seems hard to locate anything that comes within 1500 miles of the "Hinterland" that may even be worth the travel-time, let-alone the fee's, beer, lodging, BEER, rental car and of course BEER. Did I mention beer? ohps... I mean't food of coarse!

I'm NOT from Wisconsin (GreenBay Packer land) afterall so we always just bring our own!

Sorry, I know your a "tween-er" so you go both ways!

Hopefully we'll shoot together sometime this summer with "The Guys". I'm really trying to get as much H&K armoury training by then and possibly even trying doing a very simple, basic build myself. However, I am NOT stupid and realize that anything I put together, needs to be fully checked by a certified gunsmith; (Unless the X-Wife REALLY WANTS TO SHOOT IT FIRST!)
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Hopefully we'll shoot together sometime this summer with "The Guys". I'm really trying to get as much H&K armoury training by then and possibly even trying doing a very simple, basic build myself. However, I am NOT stupid and realize that anything I put together, needs to be fully checked by a certified gunsmith; (Unless the X-Wife REALLY WANTS TO SHOOT IT FIRST!)

Yeah, count me in.  I can't wait to see these cobbled-together select-fire SW5's you've been putting together.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Lurch,

What's up your butt? Did I just happen to bang your Wife, Sister or Mother or something? Whoever said anyting about an SW5?

Just wondering....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Can I state something I learned the hard way?

Somebody, somewhere, sometime took something the wrong way.

Retire to your happy place and think full-auto thoughts.

We are at a disadvantage here in that we can be misunderstood VERY easily.

This is my last attempt at peace making.

After this I go for slide lock!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks Feder..

Good to talk to you again, been awhile! How you been?

I'm just still trying to figure out in my last  posts WHERE I said anything about or against ANYONE? What the fuc is wrong with peolpe nowdays? Where did I say I built any SW5 or anything SW at all for THAT matter? I'll stop there because the next thing wasn't nice at all!

See, even I can learn!

Take care Fed! Maybe even see you out there sometime?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Thanks Feder..

Good to talk to you again, been awhile! How you been?

I'm just still trying to figure out in my last  posts WHERE I said anything about or against ANYONE? What the fuc is wrong with peolpe nowdays? Where did I say I built any SW5 or anything SW at all for THAT matter? I'll stop there because the next thing wasn't nice at all!

See, even I can learn!

Take care Fed! Maybe even see you out there sometime?

Guy....

The arc of distortion holds no boundry.

You will never know why.
They will never know why not.

That is the point you say "screw it" and try again.
If you wish more Zen.......

Buy beer!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top