Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/15/2006 8:44:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2006 2:40:12 PM EST by GeorgeW2004]
Does anyone know of anyone in Georgia who applies this stuff? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:21:57 PM EST
I haven't used the Cera yet because its twice the price of Gunkote....It applies the same...All you gotta do is order a pint and ask a GK refinisher to do it for you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:13:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2006 6:15:00 PM EST by Lawman734]
I'll be honest, I've had 3 rifles (All G.A. Precision bolt rifles) and 1 scope (a USO refinished by ARF.com's own Enforcer22) finished in Ceracoat-I prefer Duracoat and MolyResin over the Ceracoat anyday.
I know there are a number of guys who use it and love it, but I find that the other 2 products hold up better. My last GAP rifle I had took 50rnds before I wore the finish off the bolt-my buddies Savage that I refinished for him has 900rnds and counting and the finish hasn't worn through yet.
I think the advantages of Ceracoat are for the applicator as it requires no mixing or baking, just spray it on and let it dry.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:12:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lawman734:
I'll be honest, I've had 3 rifles (All G.A. Precision bolt rifles) and 1 scope (a USO refinished by ARF.com's own Enforcer22) finished in Ceracoat-I prefer Duracoat and MolyResin over the Ceracoat anyday.
I know there are a number of guys who use it and love it, but I find that the other 2 products hold up better. My last GAP rifle I had took 50rnds before I wore the finish off the bolt-my buddies Savage that I refinished for him has 900rnds and counting and the finish hasn't worn through yet.
I think the advantages of Ceracoat are for the applicator as it requires no mixing or baking, just spray it on and let it dry.

Would Duracoat and MolyResin hold up on mags as far as friction goes on re-inserting into the magwell?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:04:26 AM EST
I would definetely use MolyResin on the mags as they can be taken apart and then easily baked. They are then ready to go as soon as they're out of the oven.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:57:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lawman734:
I would definetely use MolyResin on the mags as they can be taken apart and then easily baked. They are then ready to go as soon as they're out of the oven.

Thanks Lawmna. How do you apply that stuff?
Top Top