Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 7:23:42 AM EDT
My baby needs a repark, I was going to drop it with Roger at Revelation but I got to thinking...   This 1911 has probably 50,000+ rounds through it....hell more like 150K... ?   Anyhow I'd like it to get a good checkup by a certifiable 1911 doc.   It's served me very well over the last 12 years that I've owned it and hasnt seen a malfunction in years that wasnt caused by a deformed reload.    Anyhow I want somebody that can measure the lug engagement, link heigth, properly file off peening, restake the plunger tube, maybe MP testing for cracks?  

I truly love this pistol and would keep it over any other pistol ever built.   I want to ensure it's continued long life and dont want it going to any old smith.   I need someone that really knows 1911s.    Do I need to track down my old smith in TX or is there someone local worthy of trust?   Btw, she hasnt been worked on by anyone other than Greg Ferris in San Antonio  ( of dillon press shooting fame )  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top