Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2005 4:09:55 PM EDT
Just thought you might like to know...

We had a an appearance before the bench here at Boulder City Municipal Court today, answering to a charge of violation of possession of a loaded firearm within the city limits.

He was a visitor from Washington State, no Nevada permit, and an expired WA permit. He pleaded Nolo Contendre, and was fined over $400. We had a Pro Tempore Judge today, so I don't know how the regular Judge would have handled it.

This is the first time since I've been working at the Court that someone has been charged with possession, and the City Attorney also informed me that it's a pretty rare occurence.

But it can and does happen.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:24:20 PM EDT

........disposition of the pistol????????? (Go ahead; confirm my worst fears...)
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:18:26 AM EDT
Siezed by the PD. Judge ordered the pistol returned to the owner.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:09:50 PM EDT
Jim,

Was the Washington resident arrested and taken into custody, or was he just cited?

Thanks,

Joe
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:52:23 PM EDT
I believe Boulder City, Henderson, and North Las Vegas have stricter rules for transport of a firearm in a vehicle. Ammo and gun need to be in separate compartments and not within reach iirc from ccw class.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:46:02 AM EDT
So much for the people who say that these laws only exist for use against the "bad" guys
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:03:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:48:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2005 10:36:38 AM EDT by JimMayhugh]

Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
Jim,

Was the Washington resident arrested and taken into custody, or was he just cited?

Thanks,

Joe

Cited, Boulder City doesn't normally take people into custody unless they have a warrant, or it's required, ie, Domestic Violence, DUI, etc.

Boulder City rents jail space from Henderson Detention at about $50-$75 per in-custody per day, so unless it's required, they usually just cite.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:30:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Barrelburner:
So much for the people who say that these laws only exist for use against the "bad" guys

I wonder what preceded the citation , ie, stopped for a traffic violation and decided to start getting mouthy.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:04:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JimMayhugh:

Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
Jim,

Thanks,

Joe

Cited, Boulder City doesn't normally take people into custody unless they have a warrant, or it's required, ie, Domestic Violence, DUI, etc.

Boulder City rents jail space from Henderson Detention at about $50-$75 per in-custody per day, so unless it's required, they usually just cite.

Thanks Jim.

Be Safe,

Joe
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:55:38 PM EDT
No restrictions in Henderson that i know of.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:34:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARin:
wait wait wait...HENDERSON???

i know nothing of such restrictive laws for HENDERSON.

What was that about ignorance of the law...
Top Top