Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2017 1:21:49 AM EDT
I took this picture in Boise.  Somebody doesn't want their car messed with.  Yes, they scratched off any California colors/info...

Eric

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not go down to the DMV and get your shit registered in Idaho?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I am surprised they have not been stopped yet, I have been stopped a couple of times over the years because they could not read my plate and they plate was just worn, that one has been defaced on purpose!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Gotta be a whole lot cheaper to register here than CA.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
This I don't get.  Granted they will still drive like they are from California, but no one will know when they are parked.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:26:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
College friend paid $430 to register his car for 1 year in CA.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I took this picture in Boise.  Somebody doesn't want their car messed with.  Yes, they scratched off any California colors/info...

Eric

http://i.imgur.com/yfnljkH.jpg
View Quote

Is that evel legal?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Was it a Prius by any chance?  Nobody messed with my Silverado while it had CA tags on it.  And yes, it's about 30% the cost to register up here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#9]
It was not a Prius, but some other Toyota sedan. 

Eric 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
i wonder if they drive it back to california every year to smog it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The only thing I can think of is that they moved here and were in the process of getting ID plates, but didn't want to risk pissing anyone off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#12]
so do boiseians really hate out of staters that much?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#13]
FWIW California had an issue with their plates, they claim there isn't a problem but for a while whatever hippie organic vegan paint they used on the plates was garbage, that picture is what happens to those plates over time.

In pure California fashion it's against the law to have a plate with peeling paint, the government says the plates are fine and you have to pay 20.00 for a replacement, if you don't it's a $1000.00 fine for driving a vehicle with a plate without paint. You can't make this stuff up people.

Here's an article on it

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/transportation/back-seat-driver/article28724602.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
so do boiseians really hate out of staters that much?
View Quote
That depends.  If I see a truck with big tires and gun stickers that happens to be from California, that's good to go.  But if you're in a Prius with a Hillary sticker, GTFO.

Basically, a good chunk of Boise residents these days are from California and we ended up hating the place so bad we actually bothered with relocating.  When we see that shit follow us up here, well, speaking for myself...it makes my blood boil over.

Now there's apparently a different strain of this virus called the Seattleite that originated from California.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#15]
You forgot the viral strain (stain) from the West called Portland, where many of them originated from California as well. They infected Portland so badly with their strain of liberalism that now many of them are moving from Portland to the treasure valley because Portland has become more of a cesspool than what they thought it was going to be.

Who am I? I'm Tim from Southern California. Moving to the Treasure Valley this December. Yes, another California person bringing the family to Idaho. But wait,,,,I'm not a native. I'm actually a native of Montana and call Kansas my real home as that's where I lived when I graduated from high school and struck out on my own. I'm bringing the hidden SoCal brand of ultra conservatism with me....so fear not. Have to move out of California in December as many weapons I own will become illegal for me to possess here upon my retirement.

I have been very amused at my times in the Treasure Valley with my California plates. Idahoans go out of their way to be rude and I had one dude pull up next to me and scream at me to "Go back to California!" It was comedy! I loved every minute of it!

I've been stalking you guys on this forum for over a year and finally got around to registering. I'm sure I'll be joining in on most of the conversations on here soon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#16]
That's odd.  I never had any trouble.  Of course, if you were driving like you're from SoCal, that could have easily done it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope, not at all. I actually enjoy driving the speed limit while I'm in ID. However; after spending several weeks in the Treasure Valley for the past three summers....I noticed that many  Idahoans are beginning to drive like Californians. Especially up and down Eagle Road. I get it, Eagle Road is the busiest street in state of Idaho, but I saw Idahoans actually honking a bit at each other on it this summer. Even Californians (at least in SoCal) don't usually honk at each other.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nope, not at all. I actually enjoy driving the speed limit while I'm in ID. However; after spending several weeks in the Treasure Valley for the past three summers....I noticed that many  Idahoans are beginning to drive like Californians. Especially up and down Eagle Road. I get it, Eagle Road is the busiest street in state of Idaho, but I saw Idahoans actually honking a bit at each other on it this summer. Even Californians (at least in SoCal) don't usually honk at each other.
View Quote
I think the only time I was honked at was when I visited my family here before the final move was completed. I wad driving a rental car with California plates, on Eagle Rd and I had the audacity to slow down to let someone merge in front of me. The person I let in waved thank you, the person behind me honked and screamed at me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm just gonna keep the truck with the USMC sticker.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I moved here during the month the Colorado registration expired on my 2 year old Silverado.  Cost to register it in CO (AKA California East)?  $680.  Cost to register in ID for 2 years, including title fee and 2 year parks pass?  $154.

I couldn't write the check to the clerk's office fast enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top