Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 12:39:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 12:45:17 PM EST by Bosko]
Since this stupid .50 cal ban will be in our way pretty soon. I want to buy a .50 "something" before the ban but I dont know what I want to get. I was thinking about a AR-50 but wasnt sure if there are any Barretts that are legal here to buy in California. I know Barrets are expensive but I dont even know what rifiles I can get out of the Barrett line up of .50cals. Are we limited to .50cal in bolt action? what about a detachable magazine?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:40:30 PM EST
Anyone of the .50 cal uppers like the ferret .50 aren't firearms and the go on an ar lower
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:45:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:34:49 PM EST
You can buy a Barret 82A1 semi-auto if you recieve it with out the pistol grip.Barrett 82 is not named as an assault rifle it is banned by features only.No pistol grip attached and your good to go.Also Barrett is taking orders on a Cal-version 82A1 right now.Price is $7300!The mag has a pin which lets the mag pivot open and does not detach.I've owned many .50's already and if your on a budget I would go with the AR50 and if you have some cash to spend I would go for the Barrett 82 or the Cobb .50.If your really on a budget then I would go for a Ferret upper or a watson upper if you have a reged lower already. PS. Arnold is a cock-sucking fag!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:42:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 3:11:34 PM EST by Bosko]

Originally Posted By realwar:
You can buy a Barret 82A1 semi-auto if you recieve it with out the pistol grip.Barrett 82 is not named as an assault rifle it is banned by features only........... PS. Arnold is a cock-sucking fag!

Hmm... Another intersting thougth... IF you buy the Semi Auto Barret with the detachable mag and then register it when the ban takes place, I wonder if you could then put the pistol grip on .... since it would be a "REGISTERD Assault Weapon"... Or will there be "variations" of assault weapons? Assault weapons that are more scary than regular Assault weapons. Super Asault Weapons or "Post Assault Weapons". Ok ill stop it.. Hmm.... Another shitty law and another can of worms!

At least the CHILDREN will be safer!
50BMG drive bys and killings will be cut in Half! 0/2=0

I hate Commies! The silent red scare....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:10:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 3:11:47 PM EST by ShadowOne]

Originally Posted By Bosko:

You can buy a Barret 82A1 semi-auto if you recieve it with out the pistol grip.Barrett 82 is not named as an assault rifle it is banned by features only........... PS. Arnold is a cock-sucking fag!

Hmm... Another intersting thougth... IF you buy the Semi Auto Barret with the detachable mag and then register it when the ban takes place, I wonder if you could then put the pistol grip on .... since it would be a "REGISTERD Assault Weapon"... Hmm.... Another shitty law and another can of worms!

Depends on whether or not AB50 simply extends KA's definitions of assault weapons to include the 50 or if it is an independent law in and of itself. If it is simply an extension of current law, you then may be able to get away with what you suggest. The way I read the bill, AB50 simply amends the existing assault weapons law because it says "extends" current provisions to "include" the 50 BMG.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:32:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2004 7:43:23 PM EST by SC_00_05]

Originally Posted By ShadowOne:

Originally Posted By Bosko:

Hmm... Another intersting thougth... IF you buy the Semi Auto Barret with the detachable mag and then register it when the ban takes place, I wonder if you could then put the pistol grip on .... since it would be a "REGISTERD Assault Weapon"... Hmm.... Another shitty law and another can of worms!

Depends on whether or not AB50 simply extends KA's definitions of assault weapons to include the 50 or if it is an independent law in and of itself. If it is simply an extension of current law, you then may be able to get away with what you suggest. The way I read the bill, AB50 simply amends the existing assault weapons law because it says "extends" current provisions to "include" the 50 BMG.

Wow, I really like the way people think on this board. The only problem is the 7+ thousand dollars. Any opinions about the mag fed Anzio? It looks great. I've also seen the Barrett 95 for south of 4 grand used. Anybody know if it's true that the AR50 can also use russian 50 cal? Any information would be great.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:21:06 PM EST
I've always wanted to get the TNW MaDuce.

and has been saving for it for a few years already. But there is just no way I can make the payment by end of the year.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:14:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By hycheng:
I've always wanted to get the TNW MaDuce.

tnwcorp.mystarband.net/images/50calbig2.gif

and has been saving for it for a few years already. But there is just no way I can make the payment by end of the year.

Would your links be limited to 10 rds?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:15:22 AM EST
Yes, you can't link more than 10 rounds together at a time.

That's why I and everyone I know stocked up on belts and linked ammo back in the early '90s.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:46:08 AM EST
Correct me if I'm wrong then, it seems that the Ferret is an option for those in KA who want a .50BMG but can't come up with the cash to buy one by the end of the year. Reading AB50, it appears to define a 50 cal. as a firearm which accepts a .50bmg cartridge that is not already classified as an assault rifle. So those with registered AR-15's are already in possession of an
"Assault weapon", so adding a Ferret upper which can be purchased without an FFL because it is not a firearm, would be able to be added even after ban. I guess that would all depend on DOJ interpretation of the existing law about changing calibers on registered lowers. My registration paperwork lists both of my Bushmasters as 5.56 so I don't know if that means I can't convert over to 9mm or 7.62X39. Anyone out there with any experience with DOJ on this area?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:53:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2004 1:55:50 PM EST by realwar]
Sc,
The Barrett 95 and 99 are cool rifles and I see alot of people that are intrested in them,however if your looking for something that doesnt have alot of kick these wouldnt be a wise choice.After shooting the 99 I thought my shoulder was going to detach.My shoulder was still hurting after 2 weeks.The AR50 I think is the best way to go hands down.It will shoot any ammo you throw at it and is a very accurate rifle for the money.

Almost forgot,
The Anzio with the 3 round mag is also a very good choice.These guns are custom built when you order them so make sure that you can get it in time.They only require a small deposit to get the ball rolling and can ship your reciever to you before the ban if you dont have all the cash right now.These guys are very nice to deal with and they build quality products.FWIW
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:42:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By California_Kid:
Yes, you can't link more than 10 rounds together at a time.

That's why I and everyone I know stocked up on belts and linked ammo back in the early '90s.

Isn't it funny, we all planned for the future...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:14:05 AM EST
Please add one more rifle on CA-legal 50 rifles---Barrett M80

The Barrett company now is taking orders of CA-legal version M82A1. The magazine is hinged, that is, fixed magazine. MSRP is $7300. They hope to deliver in early Nov, 2004.

sv_sniper out
Top Top