Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 3:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 4:02:07 PM EDT by variable]
I can't find where it says your gun has to be unloaded if carried CCW in NLV.

I remember seeing it a couple of years ago on some website.

Thanks

V
OUT
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:21:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By variable:
I can't find where it says your gun has to be unloaded if carried CCW in NLV.

I remember seeing it a couple of years ago on some website.

Thanks

V
OUT

That's 'cause it doesn't exist.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 4:41:12 PM EDT by variable]
So, loaded on me with my CCW is Good to go.

I thought that link on packing dot org is gone for a reason............

Thanks
V
OUT
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:40:08 PM EDT
State law supercedes County Ordinance and/or Munincipal Code. A valid Nevada CCW permit is good throughout the state without restriction.

Nevada does not differentiate between loaded and unloaded when it comes to carrying CCW. Concealed is concealed, loaded or not.

Be Safe.

Joe
OUT
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:16:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:50:20 AM EDT
from the CNLV Muni Codes:

9.32.010 Concealed weapon prohibited--Allowed with permit.

No person, except a peace officer, shall wear or in any manner carry concealed upon his person any loaded or unloaded gun, pistol or revolver, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon permitted to be carried by law without having, at the same time, actually in his possession, and upon his person, an unexpired permit to do so issued by the chief of police. (Prior code § 7.22.010)

9.32.080 Deadly weapon prohibited in vehicle--Exceptions.

It is unlawful for any person to have in his possession in any automobile, truck, motorcycle, or any other type of vehicle any dangerous or deadly weapon, but this restriction shall not be deemed to prohibit the carrying of ordinary tools or equipment carried in good faith for uses of honest work, trade or business, or for the purpose of legitimate sport or recreation. (Ord. 596 § 1, 1978: prior code § 7.22.070)

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:02:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
State law supercedes County Ordinance and/or Munincipal Code. A valid Nevada CCW permit is good throughout the state without restriction.

Be Safe.

Joe
OUT

That's not always true, Joe. For example, state law has no length limits on pocket knives carried concealed, while the Clark County and all incorporated municipalities have a three inch blade limit. Similarly, Nevada Law allows possession of a switchblade knife with a blade length of less than two inches, while local codes prohibit the possession of "any spring-blade or snap-blade knife, regardless of length."

When the Legislature gave sole issuing authority for CCW to the Sheriff, it automatically revoked the authority of Chiefs of Police to issue permits, and gave the Sheriffs' permits statewide coverage.

Generally the rule is that, unless otherwise prohibited, laws can become more restrictive as it goes down the Governmental food chain (Federal, State, Local), but not less restrictive. This is why the state pre-emption law for firearms is a good thing.
Top Top