Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 10:05:42 AM EDT
started reading lights out thursday at work, just finished it up, fairly entertaining read, main hero was way too lucky, he was like fuckin batman or somebody, wasn't as harsh as I would believe things would really get though,  

I figure things in a post apocoliptic/SHTF/TEOTWAWKI would be more tribal (like whats happening in africa now, thats some gruesome shit those people do to eachother daily), raids, killing and assimulation of people that could increase offence/defence power, the vehicles and farming equipment would be nice, but I figured they'd made a move to implement mules/horses sooner, and they all seemed to take the innitatve in aquirering their defencive needs(fencing, barb wire, ect.) from the abandonded farms and businesses, seems like also after putting up fencing, they would have planted bullnettles or some other stinging plant, cacti all along the perimiter,

still its pretty decent reading, glad I stumbled across it while I was at work.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
When I first saw the title to this thread, I thought it would be something concerning farts - like brown out to lights out for those who smell it!
I'll get that book Brother L!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL, ...It is a good read. Makes you think and gives you some ideas. Do not want to give anything away but, in real life this will play out for few. Again it is a good read!! I recommend it, but how may of us live in that situation?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When I first saw the title to this thread, I thought it would be something concerning farts - like brown out to lights out for those who smell it!
I'll get that book Brother L!

lights out link

I found a link to it over on the survival forum bout 10 to 13 pages back, the story plot reminded me alot of the "postman" to a tee, only set in the present instead of future,

I still think its kinda tame, I figure the most trying time would be from 3 to 18 months, its during that time you'd find out if you can cut it, and I feel the story didn't really convey the violence and day to day strugles that would be faced, but thats not to take away from the read because its pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#5]
The book is finished at least the first draft.......
linky

He's working on the rewrite and getting it published ......

The author Halffast came to the campout ...... just got back from spending a couple days with him and the rest of the crew that went....

Not only did he write a pretty damn good book imho ............. he's a hell of a good guy
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I think that take you to the same place as what I read, it the one with 611 pages.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top