Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:24:24 AM EDT
Just a wrning for you folks around Darby.  One of our most liberal police chiefs has gone back home to PA.  He made it extremely hard for citizens of Portland to get their CCW.  He's a big friggin liberal and a glory hound for the news media.

Good bye a$$hole.

pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/050813chitwood.shtml
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
A Police Chief serves typically at the will of the borough council.  Something to remember at election time.  Not too sure about the political make up of Upper Darby.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
in PA even a A$$hole can not make a difference. I had a real jerk in Hatfield years ago ("now, you don't need no carry permit - the police will protect you") but the bottom line is that they are to answer if you are known to them as a trouble maker or not. If not, they MUST sign off. Its the law and not open for debate.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
in PA even a A$$hole can not make a difference. I had a real jerk in Hatfield years ago ("now, you don't need no carry permit - the police will protect you") but the bottom line is that they are to answer if you are known to them as a trouble maker or not. If not, they MUST sign off. Its the law and not open for debate.

The Ross TWP CLEO is notorious for NOT signing class 3 forms. How he gets away with it has been beyond me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Ross TWP CLEO is notorious for NOT signing class 3 forms. How he gets away with it has been beyond me.

There's a difference between not signing for a CCW and not signing off on a Class III (CLEO).

PA is a shall issue state when it comes to CCW so unless they can show cause your intitled to a permit.

Unfortunately, it has bee ruled that CLEO may refuse to sign for class III.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a difference between not signing for a CCW and not signing off on a Class III (CLEO).

PA is a shall issue state when it comes to CCW so unless they can show cause your intitled to a permit.

Unfortunately, it has bee ruled that CLEO may refuse to sign for class III.

+1
Exactly my understanding as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#6]
three letters:  LLC
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The Ross CLEO has always said "Whadda ya need a machine gun for?"

I'd like to take his away for the same reasons. What do police need machine guns for?

OTOH, my mouth would run away with me in a heartbeat.

"Whaddaya need an MG for?"

"To protect myself from over zealous police officers."

Sometimes the Law enforcement community makes its own enemies.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#8]
This is from the Packing.org website.  Another present he gave us before he left.  I doubt the policy will change now that he's gone.

Portland
General notes
Date updated: Jul 29, 2005 @ 9:25:23 pm EDT

Portland Police Chief Mike Chitwood has made it his policy to have anyone found openly carrying in Portland to be disarmed. (Never mind that Maine law allows open carry...) Residents of Portland wishing to be licensed should be aware that Portland keeps an online database. During traffic stops, the database is cross checked against your drivers license and the information is passed to the officer. NOTE: this database only contains information on individuals licensed by Portland.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top