Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 1:29:35 PM EDT

Have a black rifle? Bring it! Want a black rifle? Shoot mine and see what you think. Please RSVP so I can figure out how much food to buy. Thanks!

Chris Colelli
Lexington Arms and Supply, Inc.
Longmont, Colorado
(303) 684-8352
[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#1]
So what's the cost to shoot, and the cost to be a spectator.  I have a Hawkens .50 from CVA.  But I haven't shot it in over 10 years.  I'd need a little help in picking out the proper powder/caps/balls.  Karl.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The cost to shoot or watch is FREE. This is an informal get-together. Bring your guns, ammo, targets - whatever you need to have a good time. Lunch is on me. I'll have some guns there for those who don't already own an AR or AK and who would like to try one. In those cases I'll probably comp the newbs some ammo and targets.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for doing this! Marlin has already posted the info on the Colorado site. Sounds like a great time. To bad I'll be in Kansas City!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#4]
My pleasure. I've been wanting to meet everyone for a while. So now I'm taking the opportunity to get out of the office and play a little.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool.  Just tell me where to go.  You're not planning on holding this in your back yard are you Chris?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Cooooool!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cool.  Just tell me where to go.  You're not planning on holding this in your back yard are you Chris?

The back yard would certainly make it convenient for me. We'll be shooting on public property very near the intersection of Hwy. 7 and Hwy. 72 above Lyons. Feel free to come without the RSVP, but I'll only be bringing food for a confirmed head count, so the RSVP will be appreciated.

Regards,
Chris
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
To get there from I-25, exit #243, Highway 66 and go west. From within Longmont, just go north to Highway 66 (Ute Highway). From Boulder go north on Highway 36 to Highway 66. Great, now you're all on Highway 66 heading west.

In Lyons, the road will fork to the left (Allenspark) and to the right (Estes Park) just at the western edge of a small downtown. Follow Highway 7 north towards Allenspark. Drive for approx. 14 miles to the intersection of Highway 7 and Highway 72 (to Nederland). It is a pretty obvious intersection, so you can drive without worry of missing it.

The shooting spot is about 200 yards BACK from the intersection on Highway 7. We'll have a sign out pointing the way to the "range". It is just off the road and will be easy to find. Parking might be the only trick. Just across the road from the range is a former campground and scenic overlook that is marked Private Property. It looks abandoned and may be useable. If not, then just park on the side of the road since access to the range is blocked to vehicles.

See you there!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had a number of questions about how the shoot will be run. There will be seperate pistol and rifle ranges set up, and there will be formal range rules that everyone is expected to follow:

Absolutely no alcoholic beverages allowed.

Treat all firearms as if they are loaded. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times.

Actions of uncased firearms should be kept open except when on the firing line, ready to fire.

Loaded firearms may not be removed from the firing line or other designated firing areas.

All firearms will be unloaded immediately on the command "cease fire" regardless of when the command is given.

All inexperienced shooters should be accompanied by an experienced shooter, and anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult member.

All shooters when through shooting, WILL clean up the range area of all targets, materials, and trash.

Eye and ear protection required at all times on or near the firing line.

A person will be designated as Range Officer on each range. The RO has absolute authority. Range commands will be:

"Cease fire" - Stop firing. Clear the firearm. Leave the action open. Step away from the bench.

"Check targets" - The range is clear (cold) and shooters may go down range to check and replace targets.

"Commence fire" - The range is active with live fire (hot) and shooters are free to shoot.

Attendance is expected to be good. I look forward to a fun and safe time with all of you on Sunday.

Regards,
Chris
Lexington Arms and Supply
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#11]
BTT - A good time is guaranteed for all.  I will be demonstrating my 50 megawatt particle beam upper for a standard AR15 lower.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Is that also referred to as a 458 SOCOM?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#13]
i will be there too. bringing down some steel targets, as well as a few toys i would like to sell or trade.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]
One Question?????, What time are you planning on starting the festivities?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmmmm. Looks like the ARFCOM photo server is FUBAR again. The invitation shows an 11AM start. Hopefully I'll be cooking before you shoot. I think there will be some mingling time while lunch is served.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Circuits and myself will be there if all goes right.  Cya tomorrow, Karl.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Sooooo, Lexington and Marlin, when are we going to see some of those pics you guys took?  Karl.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Do you mean the incriminating ones? I should have those posted tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Karl, I have them up at the Colorado site now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#20]
OK, I'll look for yours tomorrow Lexington.  And I'll go look at yours now Marlin1895.  Karl.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#21]
you know, sometimes I really hate working weekends...

Glad you guys had a good time!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#22]
RATS! I cannot get photos to load on the new ARFCOM server. Maybe I'll send them to Marlin for posting on the Colorado site. Sorry for the delay.....

BTW, nice pics Marlin! Thanks for taking them.

Regards,
Chris

And CIRCUITS, thanks for the ammo hose. It was my first time, and undoubtedly not my last.

(And note to self: frozen meat doesn't cook as well as the thawed stuff )
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, we want more pics.  Darn server problems.  And the food was fine, I'd rather have to cook a little longer than suffer the consequences of food poisoning.  Thanks for setting it up, it was fun.  Hope we can get together once more before winter and maybe you can make the Veterans day shoot at Dragon Man's.  Karl.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey Lexington, I just cleaned up my MSN storage, send me those pics and I'll put them up on the Colorado site.

[email protected]

Karl.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#25]
No problem, I'll thank the better half for you, She was the one that took 'em
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top