Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:53:33 AM EDT
I am writting a letter to my State rep. about some firearms laws that need to be changed. Here are my ideas tell me what you think I know the the spelling and punctuation needs to be fix and it will be this is just my rough draft of my ideas.

(1) remove the restrictions on not being able to carry a conceald firearm in places that serve alcohol or charged admission. There is no reason why I should not be able to defend my family or myself because we choose to eat at a restarant that serves alcohol or go to the movies

(2) Change the status of infomation on who has a concealed hand gun permit from pubic to private. There is no reason that anyone needs to know who has a CHP and the fact that a news outlet in the eastern part of the state (wral) has seen fit to publish such info puts gun owners in danger since criminals will now know where to go to steal firearms.

(3)Change the law on the posting of signs that prohibet conceald carry so that the sign must meet a certain size and be posted on the entry doors at eye level and that places with more than one entrance must post all entrances. If the State is going to allow places to post against conceald carry the State needs to design an offical sign that must be use. The problem with the current law is that somes place like a mall will only post the main entrance and then they included it in small print with the rest of the mall rules and are not always easy to find. The other problem is that secondary entrances like from a store that has its own outside axcess will not be posted putting a CHP holder in a grey area where he could be in trouble with the police.

(4) Allow all persons including teachers with a valid CHP be able to carry in schools Remember that a person who has a CHP has passed a local,State,FBI background checks as well as a local mental health back ground check. If just one teacher in the Sandy Hook shooting had be allowed to carry I belive that many of the childern that died would be alive to day.

I saw a poster the other day that showed a picture of Fort Knox that said we protect our gold with firearms but only use good intentions to protect our childern. Think about that just a minute shouldn't our childern be just as important as our gold. As I am writting this it brings another saying to mind and that is that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
(2) Change the status of infomation on who has a concealed hand gun permit from pubic to private. There is no reason that anyone needs to know who has a CHP and the fact that a news outlet in the eastern part of the state (wral) has seen fit to publish such info puts gun owners in danger since criminals will now know where to go to steal firearms.

That one is going to be tough.

You run headlong into the public records, and open meetings laws.
That is part of the foundation of the US. no secret Government meetings, no secret police files
While you may not want your CHP info to be public record you want the ability to know if the Sheriff of a county is not giving out permits or just giving them to supporters. It cuts both ways.

NOI
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That one is going to be tough.

You run headlong into the public records, and open meetings laws.
That is part of the foundation of the US. no secret Government meetings, no secret police files
While you may not want your CHP info to be public record you want the ability to know if the Sheriff of a county is not giving out permits or just giving them to supporters. It cuts both ways.

NOI

I don't see any different between that and having you license plate info private. If it can be done if license plates it can be done for CHP's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top