User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 3:10:33 PM EDT

April 08, 2006

Mr. William Drake Jr.
84 Mountain Rd
Rockaway, NJ 07866-2723

Re: A-2185- Revises Criteria for Classification as "Assault Weapon"

Dear Mr. Drake:

Thank you for contacting my office recently to express your opposition to the referenced
legislative proposal. I agree with your opposition and will vote against this bill, should it
reach the floor of the Assembly.

Despite that there is no evidence whatsoever that the so-called "Assault Weapon" ban has
done anything to reduce crime in New Jersey, its advocates remain staunch in their
systematic assault on rights guaranteed to the people by the Second Amendment. They
are unwilling to even consider that their policy might have been wrong in the first place.

I am grateful that, on this issue, the Congress has shown a great deal more openness to
reason than the New Jersey Legislature.

Thanks again for writing me.

Sincerely,

Richard A. Merkt
Assemblyman, 25th District

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Great response. Can we get him to run for Governor next term????
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Great response. Can we get him to run for Governor next term????

Wow, that is a great response.  I guess he does not owe too many people for otainong his political office.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I live in the same county as  Spike69 with Richard Merkt as my Assemlyman.   I had an incident where I needed his help in a Gun related issue, and he immediately contacted me and helped me out.  He is pro second ammendment, and a decent person.  It would be great to have him as our Govenor.  Maybe we should  send him a letter requesting that he runs and we should all sign it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top