Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:52:44 PM EDT
Senator Rutherford has always seemed to be a straight shooter and a guy that is on our side.

On Friday I recieved a letter from Senator Rutherford in which he asks for donations and our support to fight the anti-gun laws and Blago.

Here is the problem...

In the letter he asks that we donate to the CLS...Committee for Legislative Action. Enclosed in the mailing is a paper to check your level of contribution, and he asks a question about Concealed Carry, and for your contact information. This piece of paper tells you to make checks payable to the "Dan Rutherford Campaign Committee".

So, while I really like what Senator Rutherford stands for, I am confused. Is he asking for campaign contributions, or is he asking support for the CLS? Are they one in the same?

I plan on calling Dan to ask him these questions, but before I do, I would like your opinions? Did you get this mailing? What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:29:52 PM EDT
I got the same letter but cannot answer your question. I was planning on further research.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:15:01 AM EDT
I got and email from him stating he opposes HB 2414 to and nothing else. I live in Lansing IL. Maybe cause I don't live in his district. hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:00:40 AM EDT
The only emails I ever receive from him are requests for money.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:02:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 8:03:50 AM EDT by deej86]
I got that same letter. While I do support Rutherford, I don't really like the idea of giving political contributions. Personally, I really don't know where the money goes, so that's why I stray away from that but that's my .02.

To piggyback on what Dawg180 said, I have recieved e-mails from him, and only one was to ask for money.

ETA-part II-Cobrahd1999, I also don't live in his district, but when I specifically asked whether he opposes it-he said he did oppose it.
Top Top