Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 5:52:44 PM EDT
Senator Rutherford has always seemed to be a straight shooter and a guy that is on our side.

On Friday I recieved a letter from Senator Rutherford in which he asks for donations and our support to fight the anti-gun laws and Blago.

Here is the problem...

In the letter he asks that we donate to the CLS...Committee for Legislative Action.  Enclosed in the mailing is a paper to check your level of contribution, and he asks a question about Concealed Carry, and for your contact information.  This piece of paper tells you to make checks payable to the "Dan Rutherford Campaign Committee".

So, while I really like what Senator Rutherford stands for, I am confused.  Is he asking for campaign contributions, or is he asking support for the CLS?  Are they one in the same?

I plan on calling Dan to ask him these questions, but before I do, I would like your opinions?  Did you get this mailing?  What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the same letter but cannot answer your question.  I was planning on further research.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I got and email from him stating he opposes HB 2414 to and nothing else. I live in Lansing IL. Maybe cause I don't live in his district.  hug.gif  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The only emails I ever receive from him are requests for money.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I got that same letter.  While I do support Rutherford, I don't really like the idea of giving political contributions.  Personally, I really don't know where the money goes, so that's why I stray away from that but that's my .02.  

To piggyback on what Dawg180 said, I have recieved e-mails from him, and only one was to ask for money.  

ETA-part II-Cobrahd1999, I also don't live in his district, but when I specifically asked whether he opposes it-he said he did oppose it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top