Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2004 7:13:16 PM EDT
just got this back from him. He's running for Fritz Hollings soon to be vacant Senate seat.  the SC primary is June 8th.

Link Posted: 4/25/2004 3:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a lot of good men running for that seat.  The Republican primary is going to be a booger!  There are more similarities than differences between them, so I think hardline RKBA will be one of the main deciding factors.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There are a lot of good men running for that seat.  The Republican primary is going to be a booger!  There are more similarities than differences between them, so I think hardline RKBA will be one of the main deciding factors.

i agree.  i've heard Ravenel and Beasley speak. and read some of DeMint's position papers.  they are all alot alike.  Beasley was asked about the AWB and didn't know anything about it, but did say he was a strong supporter of the 2nd, and would look wearily on any gun control legislation.  i'm leaning toward DeMint atm.  anyone know how absantee ballots work for primaries? i'll be at Ft. Knox in June
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Check with your county registrar on absentee ballots.  If you will be on military duty at Knox, military units have voting reps who set you up (every unit I was in with the USAF had an officer handling it).  The military vote is important- look at how the defecrats tried to disqualify military votes in the last election.

Lets all exchange info on the candidates here as we learn about them.  I have no doubt a good man will get hte seat.  Lets make sure the best man does.
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check with your county registrar on absentee ballots.  If you will be on military duty at Knox, military units have voting reps who set you up (every unit I was in with the USAF had an officer handling it).  The military vote is important- look at how the defecrats tried to disqualify military votes in the last election.

Lets all exchange info on the candidates here as we learn about them.  I have no doubt a good man will get hte seat.  Lets make sure the best man does.

i'll check with the registrar.  i'll be on army duty at Knox, but wasn't sure if they did primaries.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
got one back from Graham also

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]
WORD radio (one of my stations for the radio cluster I work for) held the senatorial debate for five of the six candidates.

I sent a question asking them all what was their position on the AWB. But I don't think it was used for the debate.

ANywho, I'm pretty certain Demint is getting my vote.

He ain't perfect, but if perfect is my standard, then I could ONLY vote for me.

And I ain't running. YET.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#7]
one from barrett

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top