Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 11:30:18 AM EDT
Tried earlier this year but nothing came of it due to a lack of shooting locations.  Anyone here have some private land in the area that is willing to host a shoot.  I was thinking something in the lines of a cookout/shoot some time this fall.  Does not have to be on private land (ie. a range) but somewhere where AR's and the like are welcome.  Post'em if ya got em.  If you are interested or would like to go pending the location put it here.  Thanks!

ETA: I'm in the Cambria County.  I'll look into renting the range at my local sportsmans but I need to know how many people would be interested in going,  or chipping in a small donation.  If you are willing to donate you wouldn't have to do so until the date of the shoot. I can pay for it in advance.  I also need to find out how much it is... will post an update when I know.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Only public ranges in the are I know of are game commission run, which either allow one single rounds to be loaded into the gun or prohibit any "assault" style rifles.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:44:02 AM EDT
[#3]
How far are you from York? I'd be interested.............Steve
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Steve,

I'm about 2 hrs from york.  I'm trying like hell to get ahold of the club president but he is away for the next week so I'll have to wait to ask him.  Update to follow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#5]
im in cent pa... and id be interested,have access to my club,west shore sportsmans,or a friend with 46.5 acers of moutain land....would prefer to do at my club,its in etters, im in enola. lmk what you guys wanna do id be down for gettin togeter...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Enola.....me too.  IM inbound.

Quoted:
im in cent pa... and id be interested,have access to my club,west shore sportsmans,or a friend with 46.5 acers of moutain land....would prefer to do at my club,its in etters, im in enola. lmk what you guys wanna do id be down for gettin togeter...

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Does your club allow you to set up multiple targets at close range for CQB practice?

Whatever you guys decide I am probably in.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
depends,if its not buzy....ive set up many cqb targets in the past...when we had the rifle range too ourself.its a really great club....follow the simple rules, practice gun safty...and you can do pretty much as you pls....full auto is allowed durring the daytime hrs 10 - 3 m-ths.if i can talk to the club prez...it might be doable...i dunno the time frame tho....its the only club ive found that dumping a few 100 rnds down range on semi in a few miutes is a ok....we have 2 kill houses for pistol cal and shotgun...thats fun!lmk
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag.  I'd be interested in a local shoot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
depends,if its not buzy....ive set up many cqb targets in the past...when we had the rifle range too ourself.its a really great club....follow the simple rules, practice gun safty...and you can do pretty much as you pls....full auto is allowed durring the daytime hrs 10 - 3 m-ths.if i can talk to the club prez...it might be doable...i dunno the time frame tho....its the only club ive found that dumping a few 100 rnds down range on semi in a few miutes is a ok....we have 2 kill houses for pistol cal and shotgun...thats fun!lmk

how far from Philly is your club?  I have been looking for a club that lets you shoot CQB and the shoot house is a huge bonus.  It's sounds like a place I would love to join.  

Do they have a website?

Thanks, Bill
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

how far from Philly is your club?  I have been looking for a club that lets you shoot CQB and the shoot house is a huge bonus.  It's sounds like a place I would love to join.  

Do they have a website?

Thanks, Bill
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]
thezman beat me to it...its VERY EASY to get to from philly...one u get off the hbg. west exit,it takesabout 10 min to get to.is so friggin easy to then get back on the tp....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the info , I just  checked out the website and it seems like a pretty good range the only problem is I got the directions on mapquest and it 106 miles from my house.  It a little under 2 hours away which I don't completely mind but I don't think it will be worth it to join.  I would like to go up there one of these days and check it out though.  If any of you guys in the Philly area want to go over there some time within the next couple of weeks maybe we can drive together.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#16]
just e mail me with the skinny,if yas wanna come down....its locked down to the public....so you need a member present....so lmk,its worth the trip.....
one other thing....its kinda pathetic that so few members have responded...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Given the right day, I could make time.

Will have several more toys after this weekend as well.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd be interested in coming.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like a good idea....I can help with the cookout part of the event too.
There is a NEW indoor handgun range going up as we speak.  Suppose to be done sometime in Nov or Dec 2005.  I spoke to the owner today in Williamsport.  He is real excited about his new place and said its gonna be real high tech and affordable for all.

I am always looking for new places to shoot the ar and the handguns.
Im me if you get a date and a place organized and I will come and help too.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#20]
wiliamsport? heck, I'm typing on a computer in Penn College(in williamsport) right now.
where is this range? Is there a gun store to go with it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
wiliamsport? heck, I'm typing on a computer in Penn College(in williamsport) right now.
where is this range? Is there a gun store to go with it?

Williamsport - Tripoli's Triggers Firearms Training and Educational Center, 531 Washington Boulevard, Williamsport, PA 17701.
Phone: 570-326-4181
Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (25 yards), Indoor Rifle (25 yards)
Hours of Operation: 10AM - 10PM
Range Access: Public
Web Site: www.tripolistriggers.com
Email: [email protected]
Click here for a map to the business

Dont know the place...never been there...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#22]
fslint,

A good range in the Williamsport area is the Lycoming County Consolidated Sportsmen's Club.  They have everything from 22 ranges to metallic silhouette ranges.  I'd belong there if I'd live closer.  It's outside of Williamsport on route 87.  They also do DCM shoots and a yearly machinegun/car shoot.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#23]
okay zach, don't spend all your money on ammo.  The kid still needs to eat.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
fslint,

A good range in the Williamsport area is the Lycoming County Consolidated Sportsmen's Club.  They have everything from 22 ranges to metallic silhouette ranges.  I'd belong there if I'd live closer.  It's outside of Williamsport on route 87.  They also do DCM shoots and a yearly machinegun/car shoot.

YUP...I was just there Yesterday!

very nice place to shoot.  And I was the only one there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Perry County here, count me in.

Ops
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fslint,

A good range in the Williamsport area is the Lycoming County Consolidated Sportsman's Club.  They have everything from 22 ranges to metallic silhouette ranges.  I'd belong there if I'd live closer.  It's outside of Williamsport on route 87.  They also do DCM shoots and a yearly machinegun/car shoot.

YUP...I was just there Yesterday!

very nice place to shoot.  And I was the only one there.

That's the way it was when I belonged there.  Especially during the week.  You could spend the whole day there going from the 100 yard range to out where they have the  silhouettes and bang away at targets over 500 yards away, then go to the handgun ranges and never see another soul.  Plus it's in a nice area!

I  can only imagine all their weekends are filled up with some type of competition or another, but it wold be a great place to hold a shoot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top