Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 5:09:56 AM EDT
I hope I don't get in trouble for this, I posted in the KY forum because thats where I live now..but my hometown is Nashville (and Bob Cole and I know some of the same people) so I am also posting it here.

I know Tennesseans are VOLUNTEERS so I wanted to get your help.

I don't want to start a discussion or anything...this is just to call your attention to a team member who needs a little help.  It is posted in GD and Team Forum..hopefully can be found on the front page.

The recap is this for those who missed it.  I don't mean to try and leave details out but this is "cut to the chase" for those of you with little time.

JB69 lives in Ct and is an electrician by trade. He has been having some bad medical problems that doctors can't figure out whats wrong. He has been getting worse and can no longer carry the tools he needs or work for long periods of time at his profession. He can work some but has good days and bad days of course.  Anyway, he is about to be homeless (there is a lot of discussion of options on this in the other forums) and some of us figured we could buy him a little time to either find work he could do or get diagnosed or get back on his feet a little.

He has listed his paypal account, applied for the debit card (since his bank accounts were canceled) and some of us are sending him whatever small amount we can afford.  I don't have a lot to spare but can always find a spare $10 or so around to help someone in desperate need out.  I have done the Katrina help so far but this is helping one person directly.  Personally, I believe his story, he is no noob, but even if it was BS, the amount I can afford to give is not going to kill me.  If you need to read the whole story, go to the GD or Team forum for more details.  If you have negative crap to say...Don't!...just don't donate if u don't like it. Thanks!!!

My personal goal is to get 100 people to send him 10 dollars and hold him for a couple months. But even if you send him a couple bucks, anything would be appreciated.

Please  list your screen name in your paypal donation because he wants to keep track of who gives what and hopefully pay it back one day.

His paypal is jbitt(at)optonline(dot)net    substitute the appropriate punctuations in (done this way to keep spammers away).

thanks
Essayons
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

If you have negative crap to say...Don't!...

In arfcom? Surely you jest, sir?  

What does one do if they would wish to simply send a check?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
bob ,
at this point it I imagine it may be better  to send a postal money order as checks can be a bear to cash with no bank account.

if you PM him, he can tell you the address    

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]
locked and tacked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top