Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/2/2007 7:46:02 AM EDT
I don't have any carry permits and such. What is the proper method to carry guns back and forth from the range. For now I have my ammo boxes in the floor of the front seat and my guns in their bags (zippers not locked) in the trunk.

If I wanted to always carry a shotty in the car would I put one in a bag in the trunk and a box of ammo in the glove box???
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:27:31 AM EDT
Without a carry permit, it's not legal in Michigan to carry a gun in your vehicle unless you are on your way to or from a range or legal hunting area, purchasing it, transporting it for repair, ect.
With a permit, you may carry a pistol, but not a long gun.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:48:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/2/2007 1:49:36 PM EDT by Avenger069]

Originally Posted By ShermiesRule:
<snip>

If I wanted to always carry a shotty in the car ...

Having a long arm as a "trunk gun" is not legal in Michigan.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:07:32 PM EDT
Go to TX (or any other free state) where you can ride around with your loaded M4 and Beta C mag in the seat next to you. Or LA where your vehicle is an extension of your house and a handgun is no problem. Was Michigan excluded when it came to God give rights or the Constitution?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:03:44 PM EDT
Michigan gun laws were created by elitist, racist, bigots and the morons that we elect do not have the brains or balls to correct their predecessors errors.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:01:10 PM EDT
Does anybody know the particular law that prohibits an unlicensed person from carrying a gun in their vehicle? Also, this guy I know who is doing that also insists it's legal to carry the "bullets" in the same box as the pistol.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:19:46 PM EDT
OK going back to my original question. Apparently I can't keep a long gun in the car for prolonged periods. Is there a procedure for transporting guns to and from the range?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:35:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/4/2007 5:43:35 PM EDT by Easy_E]
If you have targets and/or a current hunting licence your always going to or coming from shooting your rifle.
Of course living in the country has it perks

www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10366_37141_37706-31579--,00.html

how old is this?
www.gunmuse.com/News/Michigan%20Firearms%20Bill
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:58:56 PM EDT
House Bill 5408 (2005)
Source
Public Act 433 of 2006 (Effective: 10/5/2006)

Natural resources; hunting; transporting firearms and bows and arrows; eliminate, under certain circumstances, requirement for hunting license. Amends secs. 43510, 43511, 43513 & 43516 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.43510 et seq.).
Last Action: 11/09/2006 - assigned PA 433'06 with immediate effect

Senate Floor Analysis, House Bill 5408:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CONTENT
The bill would amend Part 435 (Hunting and Fishing Licensing) of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act to allow a person to carry, transport, or possess a firearm, bow and arrow, or crossbow without a hunting license under conditions that currently apply only to a person who is at or going to or from a shooting or archery range.
The Act allows a person to carry, transport, or possess a firearm, bow and arrow, or crossbow without a hunting license while at or going to and from a recognized rifle or target range, trap, or skeet-shooting ground, or archery range if, while being transported, the firearm is unloaded in both barrel and magazine and either enclosed in a case or carried in the trunk of a vehicle; or the bow or crossbow is unstrung, enclosed in a case, or carried in the trunk.

The bill would delete the reference to being at or going to or from a recognized rifle or target range, trap, or skeet-shooting ground, or archery range. The bill also would refer to a location that was not readily accessible to any occupant of a vehicle, rather than the trunk. .....

{Complete text }

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++­

Language

This has all been trotted out multiple times.
Top Top