Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:14:10 AM EDT
Can I have a bolt gun with a threaded barrel in NJ?

how about a flash hider on a bolt gun?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You can do any damn thing you want to a bolt gun......
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are you sure?
I've checked on the bolt gun issue & heard different, I'm miss PK90
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The restrictions apply to semi-autos.  That's why you can put a bayo lug and collapsible stock on pump shotguns.
The only restriction that applies to bolt guns is if it's magazine fed, you're still limited to 15.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure?

Positively correct.

A threaded barrel on a bolt gun is NJ legal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure?

Positively correct.

A threaded barrel on a bolt gun is NJ legal.

It can even have a flash hider w/barrel shroud. A shoulder thing which goes up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The only restriction that applies to bolt guns is if it's magazine fed, you're still limited to 15.

Not correct.  There are no magazine restrictions on non-semi-automatic firearms.  2C:39-1y defines a large-capacity ammunition magazine as being:

a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not correct.  There are no magazine restrictions on non-semi-automatic firearms.  2C:39-1y defines a large-capacity ammunition magazine as being:

a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm

+1

You can even have a high capacity magazine for a full auto machine gun as long as there was no semi auto version of the weapon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep, totally legal.

BTW, I want PK90 unbanned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top