Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 1:43:28 PM EDT
Is it true that left hand is really going to be close to shooting?  I know people trash the hell out of that place and it looks really bad.  I always pick up my empties, but sometimes it seems such a waste of time, for every shotgun shell or piece or brass I pick up there is 1,000 more some where else.  I also read a thing on here about some crazy people up there and to watch out.  I have to agree with that.  I was up there one time and a guy came straight up to us and told us he was high, then he started loading his shotgun are started shooting all around.  I've been carrying for about 6 months now and that was the first time I thought I might actually have to draw.  Guess you just have to be careful.  Anyways, I just wanted to find out if Left Hand is really closing or not.  If so, anywhere else to shoot around Boulder?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:11:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I always pick up my empties, but sometimes it seems such a waste of time, for every shotgun shell or piece or brass I pick up there is 1,000 more some where else.
Thanks

That's because 1,000 other people before you thought the same. But I think the bigger problem is the actual "trash" people leave.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:34:26 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, you are probably right
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I have hard time finding the place. I even saw a photo from one of the website, and it is not there.

Can some one give me a detail location? I know it is near that wooden sign said "roosvelt natiaonal forest" but after that I have no idea where to go.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I think there are about 3 places you can shoot up there that are all withing about a mile or a mile and a half.  If you are driving up left hand canyon road from highway 36 it will be on your right.  I'm going to say its about 2 or 3 miles up, but I'm not sure how accurate that estimate is.  The first are for shooting that you will come to is the largest one.  There is an area to park right next to the road, but there is also a road that you can drive up if you have a truck or something like that.  Right when you are headed up that dirt road you'll see some signs posted that say attention shooters and some signs that say no shooting,  just keep going past thoses.  eventually you will see a spot all trashed out and you are there.  The other too ranges are a little further up and are on the right side also.  They are pretty close to eather other in distance.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#5]
In the summertime you can't miss it. The road is lined with the trucks & trailers the rockcrawlers bring their rigs up with.
I think it's about a mile up from the fork in the road, or about 5-6mi from 36.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I was just up there the other weekend--i sure hope its not closing!!! its the closest place for me to shoot..Oh, and anyone else see that really skinny lady collecting brass?? Ive seen her three times up there, she looks kinda homeless
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think there are about 3 places you can shoot up there that are all withing about a mile or a mile and a half.  If you are driving up left hand canyon road from highway 36 it will be on your right.  I'm going to say its about 2 or 3 miles up, but I'm not sure how accurate that estimate is.  The first are for shooting that you will come to is the largest one.  There is an area to park right next to the road, but there is also a road that you can drive up if you have a truck or something like that.  Right when you are headed up that dirt road you'll see some signs posted that say attention shooters and some signs that say no shooting,  just keep going past thoses.  eventually you will see a spot all trashed out and you are there.  The other too ranges are a little further up and are on the right side also.  They are pretty close to eather other in distance.

Thanks! I hope I can make it to left handcanyon this weekend

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Went there today.  The turn-off was 3.5m from hwy 36 on the right side.  There is also quite a bit of signage there so the turn-off stands out.  I found that with the snow filling the pot-holes / ruts, it was easier to drive back there than it was in summer.  Still you need good ground clearance and 4wd.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
thank you to all.

3.5miles from 36. I think it is right side of where they have all the bullitin board posted. I guess that no firing sign threw me off a little.

will post some picture when I go there this weekend.  (including the post says "pack in & pack out")
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I am trying to organize a clean-up of Lefthand.  If anyone wants to pitch in an afternoon in the Spring, let me know.  I'm going to get a Park Services dumptruck, rakes, dustpans, and garbage bags.  Looking to get about twenty people.

There are sometimes some shady people up there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top