Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2008 7:25:42 PM EST
Okay guys, those of you who are members have you been up to club recently or to any of the meetings. I have been unable to make it to any meetings since Oct for various reasons and was wondering what the status of the rifle range was? I ran down to the during the nice weather the end of Feb and sighted my new rifle in on the pistol range but didn't walk down to the rifle range as I figured not much had been accomplished during the winter.

Tim
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:33:51 AM EST
This is the last email I received said that they were awaiting the results of an injunction from the wolf ridge people that would halt the firing of any weapon with a range of 1.2 miles. The range is open so I asume they did not get it. The soonest they said they could have the rifle range open would be some time in the summer.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:03:33 PM EST
We'll have to do some SE CT get togethers this season at the various local ranges. I've got Mystic covered.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:56:59 PM EST
Count me in for a SE CT shoot..
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:34:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By skeeters65:
Count me in for a SE CT shoot..

Ditto.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:44:40 AM EST
I'm guessing it will not be until sometime in the late summer when the range reopens.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:48:55 AM EST
Thanks guys, I'll be looking for someone to drag me out to their range this summer then.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:15:15 PM EST
That was what I was thinking... we need to hook you Ledyard guys up, so that when your range re-opens I can get some time on the longer range. Our range in Mystic is only 100 yards. That's fine for 95% of my range time.... it's just that 5% itch that needs to be scratched.

I'm in the process of joining Mystic, but will be getting voted in a week from tomorrow. I'll be out there a lot after that, on the range most of the time, except for the few weeks it gobbler season.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:08:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hyperbaric:
That was what I was thinking... we need to hook you Ledyard guys up, so that when your range re-opens I can get some time on the longer range. Our range in Mystic is only 100 yards. That's fine for 95% of my range time.... it's just that 5% itch that needs to be scratched.

I'm in the process of joining Mystic, but will be getting voted in a week from tomorrow. I'll be out there a lot after that, on the range most of the time, except for the few weeks it gobbler season.

Where is the range in Mystic?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:27:41 PM EST
Yeah, very depressing, I got my JP this winter and I've only been able to sight it in on the pistol range. I haven't even had a chance to iron out the magazine feeding problem with the thing, oh well. Like I said I will be interested in tagging along with some one to their range. Warning though the JP is compensated so it gets very loud for those to the sides.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:58:49 AM EST
Does Ledyard allow 50 bmg?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:55:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By imtheflash:
Does Ledyard allow 50 bmg?

NO!!
sucks
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:41:08 PM EST
I misspoke... I shouldn't have written "Our rang in Mystic," I should have said "Mystic's range", which is actually up in Griswold. Our indoor range is in Mystic, but our rifle range, skeet, fishing pond, and hunting land is up in Griswold.
Top Top