Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2013 9:23:48 AM EDT
Yeah, I screwed up and am pretty embarrassed.  Got a DUI yesterday and feel absolutely terrible.  Anyone have any recommendations besides a public stoning?  I need to find a lawyer in the area.  Any sudjestions?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yeah, I screwed up and am pretty embarrassed.  Got a DUI yesterday and feel absolutely terrible.  Anyone have any recommendations besides a public stoning?  I need to find a lawyer in the area.  Any sudjestions?

What specific area?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry,   Richmond.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's your first one, you really don't have anything to worry about unless you blew over .15.  Then you'll have to do 5 days (you can probably get weekends), and have an ignition interlock installed on your car (more money and a pain in the ass).  If you have a job, you'll be able to get a restricted license.

Regardless, you'll have some fines and ASAP (more money) and other BS (involving time and money) to deal with.

Here's a good site that is pretty much up to date on what you can expect.

dui.drivinglaws.org/virginia.php

A good friend of mine used John Rockecharlie.  (This was in Chesterfield).  He had nothing but good things to say about him.

http://www.bowenlawfirm.com/attorneys.html

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Joe Teefey does a lot of work in chesterfield. Not sure if he goes into the city or not.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your username is kind of ironic in this case.  

hilarious....good call.

Sorry I don't know any in Richmond....

what did you blow?  I only ask b/c these days you could've gone out to dinner with the wife/kids, had one beer, and be screwed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If it's your first one, you really don't have anything to worry about unless you blew over .15.  Then you'll have to do 5 days (you can probably get weekends), and have an ignition interlock installed on your car (more money and a pain in the ass).  If you have a job, you'll be able to get a restricted license.

Regardless, you'll have some fines and ASAP (more money) and other BS (involving time and money) to deal with.

Here's a good site that is pretty much up to date on what you can expect.

dui.drivinglaws.org/virginia.php

A good friend of mine used John Rockecharlie.  (This was in Chesterfield).  He had nothing but good things to say about him.

http://www.bowenlawfirm.com/attorneys.html

Good luck.

Shit I didn't even see this guys link. If you can afford Cary Bowen he is the man to have. He will do you right. I've been up against him on a number of occasions and he is very thorough. As a cop, I cringe when I see him walk up on one of my cases, because I know he's going to give me a run for my money.

Plus, he's a paratrooper.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the help guys.  I'm looking into all of em now.  My user name was what a old boss called me when I was 19.  I'm 36 now.  Still can't believe I screwed up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]
owenowens.com is a good group as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top