Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/19/2013 9:23:48 AM EDT
Yeah, I screwed up and am pretty embarrassed. Got a DUI yesterday and feel absolutely terrible. Anyone have any recommendations besides a public stoning? I need to find a lawyer in the area. Any sudjestions?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:54:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By beddyford:
Yeah, I screwed up and am pretty embarrassed. Got a DUI yesterday and feel absolutely terrible. Anyone have any recommendations besides a public stoning? I need to find a lawyer in the area. Any sudjestions?

What specific area?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:38:05 PM EDT
Sorry, Richmond.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:41:18 PM EDT
If it's your first one, you really don't have anything to worry about unless you blew over .15. Then you'll have to do 5 days (you can probably get weekends), and have an ignition interlock installed on your car (more money and a pain in the ass). If you have a job, you'll be able to get a restricted license.

Regardless, you'll have some fines and ASAP (more money) and other BS (involving time and money) to deal with.

Here's a good site that is pretty much up to date on what you can expect.

dui.drivinglaws.org/virginia.php

A good friend of mine used John Rockecharlie. (This was in Chesterfield). He had nothing but good things to say about him.

http://www.bowenlawfirm.com/attorneys.html

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:09:20 PM EDT
Joe Teefey does a lot of work in chesterfield. Not sure if he goes into the city or not.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:51:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:32:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
Your username is kind of ironic in this case.

hilarious....good call.

Sorry I don't know any in Richmond....

what did you blow? I only ask b/c these days you could've gone out to dinner with the wife/kids, had one beer, and be screwed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:10:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By veritas8985:
If it's your first one, you really don't have anything to worry about unless you blew over .15. Then you'll have to do 5 days (you can probably get weekends), and have an ignition interlock installed on your car (more money and a pain in the ass). If you have a job, you'll be able to get a restricted license.

Regardless, you'll have some fines and ASAP (more money) and other BS (involving time and money) to deal with.

Here's a good site that is pretty much up to date on what you can expect.

dui.drivinglaws.org/virginia.php

A good friend of mine used John Rockecharlie. (This was in Chesterfield). He had nothing but good things to say about him.

http://www.bowenlawfirm.com/attorneys.html

Good luck.

Shit I didn't even see this guys link. If you can afford Cary Bowen he is the man to have. He will do you right. I've been up against him on a number of occasions and he is very thorough. As a cop, I cringe when I see him walk up on one of my cases, because I know he's going to give me a run for my money.

Plus, he's a paratrooper.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:04:02 AM EDT
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm looking into all of em now. My user name was what a old boss called me when I was 19. I'm 36 now. Still can't believe I screwed up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:15:40 PM EDT
owenowens.com is a good group as well
Top Top