Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 8:39:05 PM EDT
Hey all,

I will finally be moving up in a few weeks and escaping the dreaded AZ summer here in Phoenix.

I'm looking into the CCW permit process and am also looking for any recommendations for lawyers that I should have ready in my phone in the event I am forced to defend myself.

As far as CCW permits go, I've seen a lot of websites claiming that I can get the instructional certification via an online class, rather than having to take one in person. Are these legitimate/fake?

Thanks in advance guys!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about the lawyer, but Washington county is very CCW friendly and the permit is easy to obtain. I do believe you can take the class on line, however, many shops locally provide the class and paperwork all in one session for a decent price. In Hillsboro I know MK Tactical provides Oregon and Utah permit classes though your Arizona permit may give you as many options as the Utah.  There are several other options and an easy online search will provide those.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't know about the lawyer, but Washington county is very CCW friendly and the permit is easy to obtain. I do believe you can take the class on line, however, many shops locally provide the class and paperwork all in one session for a decent price. In Hillsboro I know MK Tactical provides Oregon and Utah permit classes though your Arizona permit may give you as many options as the Utah.  There are several other options and an easy online search will provide those.
View Quote

Ah, the paperwork is likely the kicker then. Obviously doesn't come with the online classes. Will probably just do it in person then. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on the county,  it's very easy.  You can use a class from another state if you received paperwork to state that you completed it,  and the application you need to fill out is not complicated if you can figure out your own name.  

This is the Washington county application.  You'll see it's very painless to fill out.
The only pain you'll receive is the letter stating that your interview date is in 2014.  They've been very backed up this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top