Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 11:50:10 AM EDT
The property is ready for the celebration of the end of the AWB!  Let's have a safe and fun time!

Forewarned is forearmed.

1.  The ground is quite uneven in lots of places.  This is not like going to Bulletfest or Knob Creek.  It's rugged!  I recommend you have footwear with ankle support.  Sandals will be a huge mistake.

2.  The parking lot that is denoted on the map will hold probably 10 cars and 50 trucks.  Trucks are  recommended!  High ground clearance 4WD trucks are highly recommended.  If you have a nice vehicle that you can't afford scratched or hung up, please park along the county road.

3.  There are still lots of weeds and briars around from the mowing operation, so I recommend long pants.

4.  The ink press has been invited.  I doubt they will show, but you never know.

5.  The outhouse has a roof, a door lock, and is stocked with paper.  What more could anyone need but running water?  Sorry, no potable water is available.

6.  Unless we get 4WD trucks and ATV's for ferry duty, anything you bring will have to be carried in.  The road up to the range now looks like something from a Jeep television commercial.  It's really not safe to walk on, much less drive on.

7.  Pond water is available to fill containers used for reactive targets.

8.  There is one (1) eight ft. long picnic table.  You are encouraged to bring chairs.

9.  Walking up the hill from the parking area to the range area will be the physical equivalent of climbing 100 ft.

10.  The place is dry due to lack of rain, so please be like Smokey the Bear and don't start a forest fire.

11.  Everyone coming is considered to understand the risks and hazards associated with an event of this nature and the property owners are not responsible for any accidents.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummkay.  Folding table is out, shooting sticks are in.
Pre-filled water bottles are out.  Empty water bottles are in.
Now planning to bring two long guns, ammo, folding chair, maybe a backpack to get ammo to the top of the hill.
Also coming by myself as I haven't been able to secure a guest.

Thanks for putting this on!

ETA: Who should donation checks be made out to?

Jim
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
ETA: Who should donation checks be made out to?
Jim

Thanks for thinking of my campaign!  Checks are made out to:

Friends of Paul McFeaters Committee
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]

6. Unless we get 4WD trucks and ATV's for ferry duty, anything you bring will have to be carried in. The road up to the range now looks like something from a Jeep television commercial.

Well, it's a good thing that I just happen to have a Jeep Cherokee 4X4. And a funny-colored one at that. But you've already seen it and you still have normal vision, so it can't be all that bad.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I can bring a 4x4 Blazer if need be.  It cant hold much, but it can go damn near anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#5]
M4M,
You've seen my S10 (yes 4x4), capable of getting to the top or not?  I'd really like to bring the folding table, but I'm sure not gonna carry it up a hill!

Jim
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
M4M,
You've seen my S10 (yes 4x4), capable of getting to the top or not?  I'd really like to bring the folding table, but I'm sure not gonna carry it up a hill!

Jim

You should be able to drive up the hill in the S10.  I have a 1988 Ford Ranger 4WD and I can get up okay.  But my Expedition has an easier time!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But my Expedition has an easier time!

Heck, when you drove me to the top in it, I never realized that we'd left the pavement.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top