Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 6:31:35 PM EDT
Ever heard of it or know about the school or its reputation?

I'm interested in their gunsmithing program...

Link

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a guy on Calguns who goes by Pulsar. He started the program in August. Seems to like it.

Here's the link:
www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=24015
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I've taken just about every law enforcement armorer class offered and can say it has a great program with dedicated instructors. A nice little town too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine has taken lots of classes there over the past 10 years.
He would go up for a week or two and take classes some 2 or 3 day some a week long etc.. He said it is a very good gunsmithing program.

One time he took my 10-22 up there and put a Hogue stock, Hogue heavy barrel and did a trigger jog on it.  Took the trigger pull from the stock 4 1/4 lbs to about 2 1/2.

Another time he toom my Winchester Model 70 .257 Roberts and re-blued it when he took a Bluing class.  Very nice job on both projects.

He also made all his own tools in a class once and built a 25-06.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have taken many classes over the last decade. GREAT school and very dedicated instructors.
Back in 1990 I was offered my first job in law enforcement there. The person I was sharing the workbench with was the Chief of Police in a small town know for its liberal issuance of CCW permits.

Gunner
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
first heard about the program in the mid 1980's,sounds like it's still going strong and a worthy one to date
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#6]
that sounds like a pretty cool school
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top