Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2004 5:40:14 PM EST
I'll be there sunday looking for 10 rd mags

Saturday September 18th & Sunday September 19th
Central Coast Gun Show

www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=G&q=fairgrounds&near=Lancaster,+CA&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=34698055,-118135833,16875850184403137113
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:57:05 PM EST
tj,
hey i know burro cyn is far from ya but, i'm trying to get more arfcommers together on 2nd sun of each month. would love to see you there in oct. it's a month away .... let me know. we had four guys show up today. and definetly would like to meet you!!!!!!!!!

meat
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:03:47 PM EST
That's the same weekend as the Point Magu Airshow. They're going to have some competition.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:14:03 PM EST
Hey TJ,
Do you live in Lancaster? I'm off 15th St. West.

I can't go Sunday as I'll be shooting at Angeles, if I can make it on Sat. I'll be there. One of the guys I know that sells EDM .50's is suppose to be there, if anything I'll be at his table BS'ing with him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:56:34 AM EST
I meant competition in the sense that two venues which attract people of similar interests will be going on.

There will be no sales of firearms or firearms related merchandise at Point Magu. And please, don't bring any!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:59:59 AM EST
Just out of pure curiousity what do you Kali's go to the fun shows for? I know some of you have pre-kali AWB lowers but there can't be that many. You can't get 30rd mags, FS or collaspable stocks. I ask this in all seriousness. I'm not trying to be an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:44:53 AM EST
Well there is allot more in the firearms world instead of just the ar15. Typically I look for reloading gear and just accessories. Most firearms at shows around here are either overpriced junk or overpriced new stuff.
I go just to do something most of the time
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:48:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By Snorkel_Bob:
Well there is allot more in the firearms world instead of just the ar15. Typically I look for reloading gear and just accessories. Most firearms at shows around here are either overpriced junk or overpriced new stuff.
I go just to do something most of the time

I should have mentioned that as well, I do realize there are other firearms out there but this being the AR15 website I was meaning it in relation to AR's and AK's.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:58:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By badeffect10:
Just out of pure curiousity what do you Kali's go to the fun shows for? I know some of you have pre-kali AWB lowers but there can't be that many. You can't get 30rd mags, FS or collaspable stocks. I ask this in all seriousness. I'm not trying to be an asshole.

Personally, I like to go to guns show to basically walk around and be among like-minded individuals, grab some chow and perhaps a beer. Also, there's alot of gun-related stuff to
look at.

I think we both know that (in general) you've got to be a wheeler-dealer to buy things at the gunshows cheaper than on the 'net through wholesalers.

I DO, however, plan to go to AZ or NV to buy 30 round magazines, once mfgr's have a chance to "flood the market".

I own an FAL, AR-15 and a Benelli M-3 Super-90 that I can buy "accessories" for.....

(btw...I don't consider this comment offensive.)

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:09:35 PM EST
sweet i live in palmdale im there man!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:45:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2004 1:38:07 PM EST by DnPRK]
I haven't been to that show in several years. Will they have more than 2 dozen tables? Will there be anything other than beef jerky, ceramic trinkets and rusty old lever action rifles?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:37:52 PM EST
I just got back from the show. It's been 5 years since I last went to it. I figured I knew where it was located and went to the location of the old fairgrounds. SUPRISE - it's now a vacant lot. I stopped at a shop and asked where the new fairgrounds are and got directions (northwest corner of Ave H and SR14).

Parking was $3 (used to be free) and entry was $8. The show was in the pavillion closest to Jethawk field. It was air conditioned and well lighted, but not much of a show. Tom Miller was there hawking 50BMG Windrunner rifles before the ban takes effect in January, but not much else was noteworthy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:44:12 PM EST
I was there this morning, just went to get a bunch of ammo...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:38:32 PM EST
I was there talking to Tom Miller until about 3pm. He's a good guy, another guy that I shoot with helps him out at other gun shows. At least it was bigger then when they use to have it at the old fairgrounds. Didn't see any deals there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:36:10 PM EST
Don't waste your time. I went there today and didn't see any deals.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:28:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2004 11:29:20 PM EST by Kisara]

Originally Posted By 2A373:
Don't waste your time. I went there today and didn't see any deals.

That's exactly how I felt last year at the Costa Mesa Show. It was my first CA show in years, probably since the old Pomona days. What a waste. More t-shirts, indian "artifacts", toys and non-firearms related stuff than I've ever seen at a "gun show". Worst $7 I ever spent on a beer. And the only beer I ever received- in a plastic bottle.

After the boom of the internet (especially Ebay and our EE, whether private or dealer) there's really no bargains at CA gun shows anymore. Whatever little you saved on something gets eaten in gas, parking fees, and admission. Buy their food and drink, and you'll definitely be in the red.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:53:22 PM EST
I just got back from the show.

I didn't buy anything. My son bought some trinkets.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:17:00 PM EST
yeah it was the same old show. it was alright but nothing worth buying really
Top Top