Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2017 7:56:17 PM EDT
I went to the Lakeland gun club show this morning.   I was really surprised.  I didn't go to the last one but usually go for the three shows a year.  I have been doing this for the last 15 years or so.

They usually have two rooms.  This time they only had one room.  In that one room not all the tables were filled. It wasn't near as crowed as it usually is.  The big vendors like Shoot Straight didn't have their normal two complete rows of tables.

It looked like it went from a 600 table show to 250 or so.

Was anybody else surprised?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot stuff to do this weekend fly in

I'm surprised  there is not a thread on this
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
That's kind of sad, it's been an awesome show. I completely forgot about it being this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Now that the guy who owns Shoot Straight now owns the Florida Gun Shows there isn't any reason for him to participate in this show any longer he has his own show. Typically the first show of the year is usually the only one that has a good turn out more dealers from up north use it as a write off to get a small vacation from the frigid north, and of course timing is everything. As stated earlier with Sun and Fun this weekend as well and the weather this weekend as gorgeous as it is who can blame anyone from going off to do others things with the family. Plus with the election of Donald Trump the pressure is off on gun related sales industry wide, hence the layoffs we currently see at the major manufacturers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Admission this time was $15 (Free Parking) !!!! Now I hear that the Club is looking into moving the show to the Sun n' Fun locale. Seems Lakeland Civic Center is getting too expensive to rent anymore that's why the higher admission price this time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Duplicate post deleted..
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Admission this time was $15 (Free Parking) !!!! Now I hear that the Club is looking into moving the show to the Sun n' Fun locale. Seems Lakeland Civic Center is getting too expensive to rent anymore that's why the higher admission price this time.
View Quote
I can't wrap my head around paying $10-15 to walk around and look at overpriced stuff.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can't wrap my head around paying $10-15 to walk around and look at overpriced stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I pretty much paid $15 to talk to a couple of my vendor buddies.  I didn't buy anything.  At least the reloading lady had a good supply of powder had I needed some.

I use to go to several gunshows every year.  Not any more.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I pretty much paid $15 to talk to a couple of my vendor buddies.  I didn't buy anything.  At least the reloading lady had a good supply of powder had I needed some.

I use to go to several gunshows every year.  Not any more.
View Quote
How were the powder and primer prices?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How were the powder and primer prices?
View Quote
The only thing I checked a price on was a 8lb jug of CFE 223.  It was $190.  Better than it would have been last year but not as good as the $160 you would have seen in other years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top