Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2005 6:35:36 PM EDT
Anyone here thru-hike it?  I'm planning on spending around a week on it this coming year.  My plan is to start at the border and see how far I can get in 5-7 days.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
no, but it is on my To-Do list.  IIRC it is around 250 miles, so you may make it around half way in that time.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It's 205 straight, but close to 240 if you take all the spurs, loops in it.   I read the book last night and picked up all the maps I need today.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
For my Eagle project, I developed a campsite on the Superior Hiking Trail.  I can't reember the name off the top, but I thought it was a nice site.  Another friend did his Eagle project by having groups walk the trail with GPS to get a ore accurate ap.  When I worked on my site, we got a GPS fix on where it was, but when we looked on the map, it was alost a mile from where the trail was on the ap.

Also my M key ony works somtimes, so any typos, will have to stay
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I found the campsite name, Leskinen Creek.  If you happen to stay there, leave a big stinky one in the shitter for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]
It would be fun.

My father-in-law did it  in little over a week!  Very beautiful hike...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It would be fun.

The whole trail or just a section?  My supervisor at work owns a cabin near Gooseberry and he said I can stay there if I want.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
My brother did the entire trail.  It took them a month.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It would be fun.

The whole trail or just a section?  My supervisor at work owns a cabin near Gooseberry and he said I can stay there if I want.  

Grand Maray to Two Harbors was going 25 miles aday.  He was 62 at the time.

Love Gooseberry Falls.  Sounds like a good deal!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Hit the trail for a little bit today.  Here are some pics; www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=419282&page=1
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:46:38 AM EDT
[#10]
awesome pics!  there is just starting to be enough snow out here in western MN for shoeing and CC skiing.  can't wait to play in the powder.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it legal to carry via permit on the trail?   How about a rifle?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#12]
you're allowed to carry on all public lands in MN, unless there are specific ordinances against it...ie.... cities/towns and state parks are two examples.  state/county/federal forests are all good to go.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is it legal to carry via permit on the trail?   How about a rifle?

Some of the trail runs through private land (as well as state parks) which is posted 'no hunting'.  I would not openly carry a firearm on the trail.  I think there are parts that you might be able to hunt on, the guide says it's closed during deer season.  ???  Hope that helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top